Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 to S10 and CMS50I OSCAR messing all up
S9 to S10 and CMS50I OSCAR messing all up
I've been using my Resmed S9 for nine years and it finally gave up the ghost on Oct 4th (RIP)

It's been a faithful companion for way past the listed life of the pump.

So, I just got a Resmed S10 Card To Cloud.

I was using Sleapyhead ver 0.9.8-1 with only minor problems.

I installed ver 1.4 of OSCAR and I'm having multiple issues.

There are two major issues I am having, among many

The biggest issue is that OSCAR is not downloading the oximeter data as it should.

It is either OSCAR crashes (CTD) as it is downloading or it gets garbled up if it actually does download.

Also, when I go to download the data I have to select the option for CMS50D+/E/F, Pulox PO-200/300 and not the selection for CMS50Fv3.7+/H/I, CMS50D+4.6, Pulox PO-400/500

The attached .jpg shows how the one and only time the oximeter data actually downloaded is all messed up. Both the S10 and the CMS50I are set to the same time but as you can see they look like they are not.

Can someone please help me out? I'm worried I won't be able to download these data to give to my doctor and for me to track how I am doing.

Are there any tricks to get this to work?

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 to S10 and CMS50I OSCAR messing all up
Have you tried rebuilding the data? You may have to exit and restart OSCAR after preforming this procedure.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply Smile

Yea, I tried that but there's no change.

It seem like all of a sudden the flag for End Of File is suddenly gone in the oximeter....or something
Post Reply Post Reply
Strange thing...

I've tried the newest versions of both OSCAR (1.4) and Sleepyhead (1.0 beta 2) and neither works.

But I started up the old version of Sleepyhead (0.9.8-1) and everything is working.

I had no idea that this version of SH would actually work with an S10
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the update. I'll look into the changes in oximeter import from 0.9.8 and 1.0beta2, and OSCAR 1.4. It looks like something relating to the I version got messed up - the F version import still works (to the best of my knowledge). Do you import multiple oximeter sessions? Or changed the 'user' name?
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just use the oximeter importer, then select the session and download it.

I've been wondering something about all this...

Did Resmed update the file system on the S10 to be downward compatible with the S9?

My S10 software version is: SX562-0401
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead 0.9.8 was updated to handle the AS10. OSCAR 1.0 was created from SleepyHead 1.1, and is now at 1.4.

If you have the Contec software, OSCAR should still be able to read the files that it creates. Not too many people have the CMS-50I, so it is not as well tested as CMS-50F import.

I will keep poking at the oximetry import to see if I can spot the problem with 50I import.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would appreciate it, pholynyk

I like the way OSCAR works better than SH 0.9.8

I really don't want to have to run a second program to get it to work with OSCAR, natch.

I really hope y'all can make OSCAR work directly with a CMS50-I
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  CMS50I can't upload multiple readings chris mdp 0 212 02-15-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: chris mdp
  Contect CMS50I USB-C data01 11 854 08-16-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: data01
  OSCAR not importing oximeter data from CONTEC CMS50I thasan 12 1,330 08-12-2021, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CMS50I can't upload data into OSCAR 1.1.1 directly format 2 887 07-04-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: format
  CMS50I Firmware, Driver (LInux) questions slowriter 28 3,210 11-15-2019, 04:58 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  How to import CMS50i into SH? Motomom 2 1,070 04-04-2019, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Motomom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.