Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Card on Aircurve 10
RE: SD Card on Aircurve 10
(04-21-2020, 10:53 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Welcome to the forum!

The first question is, Have you tried writing to the card while it's in your PC? The Resmed usually writes to the card about 3 minutes after stopping the blower.

Sure I've tested the SD card for read/write. 

As I mentioned, this has happened only a few times. 
Where/what is your source of info when you say: "The Resmed usually writes to the card about 3 minutes after stopping the blower" ?? 

It does not seem, at least from my experience, to be the case that it writes to SD about 3 minutes after stopping the blower.
On few occasions that this has happened, the blower was stopped & machine was on for hours & nothing was on SD for that night
(but all old data were on the SD when I loaded it into OSCAR).
Post Reply Post Reply
It is based off of experience.  Resmed appears to use a 3 minute time period to determine if a new session should be recorded or add just regard this as an existing session.   This is done by recording a Mask-On and Mask-Off time stamp.   Is your AirCurve new or used?  If new, I'd ask your providing DME to validate the card slot.

Currently, the only other thing that comes to mind is if the card is locking into the card slot. When you insert the card, does an amber light come on next to the slot? This light will illuminate when ending a session, but you need to be in the dark to see it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2020, 11:42 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It is based off of experience.  Resmed appears to use a 3 minute time period to determine if a new session should be recorded or add just regard this as an existing session.   This is done by recording a Mask-On and Mask-Off time stamp.   Is your AirCurve new or used?  If new, I'd ask your providing DME to validate the card slot.

Currently, the only other thing that comes to mind is if the card is locking into the card slot.  When you insert the card, does an amber light come on next to the slot?  This light will illuminate when ending a session, but you need to be in the dark to see it.

Thx for the reply, sorry but none of what you said is/was the issue!! ... I believe I found the solution, tired it & it worked!! ... as follows (for benefit of other users):

The Resmed 'day' starts at noon. Once you've imported a day into Oscar you can't re-import that day without first deleting that day's data from Oscar.  Data->Advanced->Purge Current Selected Day.

I've to look to see how to change preferences to force OSCAR to over-write data.

See below pic of "Preferences" from OSCAR:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
One of the many items on my list is to have OSCAR compare the mask on/off count, on the saved card data with the actual current card data for that last imported day, and purge the old data if they are not the same. I'm not sure when this will arrive, but until then, you can only import data once per ResMed day.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 11 Bipap skcampbell2 4 214 03-09-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 336 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 609 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
  Program a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO HD Fry 9 698 12-07-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 644 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 554 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
  European AirCurve 10 VAUTO - Can somebody unlock please sleep2023 4 884 07-06-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: sleep2023

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.