Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Cards - backup [SOLVED] Post 11
RE: SD Cards - backup [SOLVED] Post 11
(12-07-2022, 12:31 PM)ApneaticBill Wrote: Thank you.. I ran the process of File Preferences and checked the Import w/o asking for confirmation.

Go back and uncheck that box in preferences. Quit OSCAR, then restart. The window that has the "Specify" button should return.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should validate the Time and Date setting on your AC10 too.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Red..  The time and date were updated two days ago.. At least that's done  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
That did not work..
However, I did notice something(s)
1. Red suggested going to file/preferences and checking the box 'import w/o asking....'  There is no "preferences" under File.. Rather under OSCAR..  Thats where I went.. 
2. Upon rechecking.. I think this may be the issue??   UnderMemory and Startup Options.. there are 7 boxes to check
    One of them that is checked is Automatically load last used profile on start-up.
    Should that be unchecked while doing this new import?
    What boxes do you recommend checking on that entire page?  Currently, Automatically load last...; Warn when Importing....; Warn when previously unseen... are checked under the        Import tab.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bill,

You are correct sir.  The preferences are under OSCAR > Preferences, also by using Command + , (command + comma).

Try these settings and see if you get that screen back with "Specify" when doing an import:

Don't forget to quit OSCAR and restart.

The other settings on that page regarding compression are up to you.  They are not necessary but will usually make the OSCAR data files a little smaller on your computer.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Dang.. didn't work.. I have to say.. maybe a multiple time.. THANK YOU for sticking with me.
If you could access my computer like Apple can it would likely be done in a flash..

But.. Still no popup box
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, lets try this....
  • Quit OSCAR and any other apps
  • Eject the SD card and remove it from your Mac
  • Reboot and login again
  • Insert the SD card back into your Mac
  • Open Finder and verify the SD card is showing up in the left pane
  • Open OSCAR and try to import again
See if that works...
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
This is what I get...  You can see it shows last nite

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
And what happens if you click on the profile and select "Open Profile" (you can also double click the profile)...
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Tried that earlier.. still shows only the old data I showed earlier.. 

Time for you to get some rest friend.. I've worn you out.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 98 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,493 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 732 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,598 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR - will not open [solved - see post #2] gjstein 4 1,465 08-31-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: John7
  OSCAR 1.4.0 not loading [solved, see post #2] clayesq 1 580 08-24-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: clayesq
  Oscar Not Loading My Profile [solved, see post #10] mawaw1992 10 1,249 08-22-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.