Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD card question
RE: SD card question
FWIW I agree with contacting your credit card company. My last job was in the IT/technical support side of credit card processing at a certain company. Not getting into all of that, but just pointing out I'm somewhat familiar with CC transactions from a banking side.

Having said that, I suggest calling your credit card's customer service and tell them the problem with this transaction. They can put some heat on this supplier. I have found that businesses like credit card companies have contact numbers to businesses like your CPAP supplier that you and I do not have access to. That can be ONE method. The second, and more likely, is CC bank pulls back the transaction payment via access to the computer and the program that handles the payments. I did assist in doing this very thing a few times BTW. One with proper access to the transaction handling system would process a refund; it gets pulled back from (in your case the supplier) whomever is on the payment recipient's bank account.

There could be a time limit on complaints, but a few days is not going to be how short of time we're dealing with. Take into consideration some online transactions that have long shipping times to get you your package. I cannot tell you how to handle it, but it doesn't hurt to call your CC customer service and tell them you have this situation and you feel, rightfully so, like you're being ripped off. I feel pretty confident they will pull that money back from their bank account and put it back on your card. And you know that if the money from your transaction gets pulled back, you've got their attention. They will likely attempt to call you then.

Good luck on this,
Dave B.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unknown to me, obviously, the supplier sent a new power cord overnight UPS as a package arrived on my doorstep early this morning. The new cord has ResMed on it and the little green light stays on even when unplugged from the device. The supplier did not program the machine as he promised he would do and now I need help.

I am able to enter the clinician's menu as I remember how to do it with my present machine. This Airsense 10 has some settings that are totally different from the ResMed S9. Can anyone teach me how to set the humidifier at what number to start with? I had asked for a User's Manual for my machine from the forum and received the link. But my computer crashed shortly after receiving the email with the link, and when it came back online I had lost all my emails. I am trying to retrieve them, but have not yet been successful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just making sure, you now have A10 ResMed?

If yes, access clinical mode as you know how

click settings & turn dial clockwise to go down to a section called Comfort. (Humidifier setting should be last in that group)

highlight that and click dial

turn dial to any choice between off to 8, click dial to lock your choice, This will be the new default.

hit the home button under the display

dial counterclockwise to highlight Exit Clinical Mode...done

PS any time during use, humidifier and heated hose can be adjusted, I think even going that way makes the settings your new defaults
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
GrammaBear, I'm so glad you got the right power supply. That's awesome. Perhaps they responded to one of your email complaints but due to your computer crash, you never saw it.

Put in another request for the user manual. Sometimes those requests don't get processed correctly and you have to submit the request from a gmail account to get it to go through.

Tell us which ResMed A10 you have. For example, looking at my profile you can tell that I have the ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto.

Also tell us if you have the heated hose, as that will affect how you set the humidifier. For example, I have the SlimLine hose, which is not heated, and I set my humidifier on 5 as that's the highest I can set it without getting rain out. I can't tolerate a heated hose as it raises my CA index making my AHI go above 5. (Likewise for my PS setting, but I digress.)
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A curious mind would like to know, please digress.  Why does a Heated Hose impact a CA index either way?

Thanks

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2017, 12:02 PM)Sleepster Wrote: GrammaBear, I'm so glad you got the right power supply. That's awesome. Perhaps they responded to one of your email complaints but due to your computer crash, you never saw it.

Put in another request for the user manual. Sometimes those requests don't get processed correctly and you have to submit the request from a gmail account to get it to go through.

Tell us which ResMed A10 you have. For example, looking at my profile you can tell that I have the ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto.

Also tell us if you have the heated hose, as that will affect how you set the humidifier. For example, I have the SlimLine hose, which is not heated, and I set my humidifier on 5 as that's the highest I can set it without getting rain out. I can't tolerate a heated hose as it raises my CA index making my AHI go above 5. (Likewise for my PS setting, but I digress.)

I just looked at the new machine so I could type in the correct name.  The name on the front of the machine says:  ResMed AirSense10 Autoset for Her.  I do have the heated hose but usually I have the temperature turned quite low on it.  In Il, where I live, the weather is very warm and humid during the Summer months and I prefer to sleep in a cool environment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2017, 12:11 PM)bonjour Wrote: A curious mind would like to know, please digress.  Why does a Heated Hose impact a CA index either way?

I have no idea why it happens, but I do know from experience that it does happen.

My only guess is that the higher temperature of the air somehow affects the rate at which CO2 is blown off. I understand that the reason why a higher PS raises the the CA index is because it causes you to blow off too much CO2.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 236 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
  Question: ResMed My Air & SD card rdudley9 2 714 06-04-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  SD card question Winterfrost 9 908 09-10-2021, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Winterfrost
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,876 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  SD Card Question TommyG 5 851 02-09-2021, 01:08 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.