Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD card question
RE: SD card question
OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Since I am not tech savvy and I also know nothing about the ResMed Airsense S10, I feel that I will be forced to deal with another online merchant just to get a correct power brick for this machine. Whatever happened to good old fashioned 'honesty'?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thread drift.... Oh, well, OMMOHY just deleted the reason for this post... after all my typing

The power companies connect one of the wires coming into your house to a real earth ground; the other two are both 'hot'. The water pipes in your house (Kitchen, bathroom, wash tub, etc) are also connected, in fact embedded in that same earth ground. If you are connected to something grounded (turning on the water?) while holding the wrong one of those to wires to your appliance (or if they connected the wrong one of those wires to the metal case) - zap! you're frazzled - if you're lucky.

It's double safety... I know we used to get along with just the simple reversible plug, but accidents do happen, and lazy electricians sometimes mis-wire outlets.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have a local DME or did you order it? They should provide you with the correct power source--you paid them for it--is your insurance involved?
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered the machine online and Yes, I paid for it and they should provide the basics. But after 2 phone messages left at their establishment and 2 emails, I have yet to have a solution for the lack of a correct power supply. I have little faith in them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2017, 08:20 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: Only, they shipped a 80W power Respironics supply brick that doesn't want to plug into the A10. 

Who did that? A Respironics power supply will not work with a ResMed machine.

(08-15-2017, 10:13 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: I ordered the machine online and Yes, I paid for it and they should provide the basics.  But after 2 phone messages left at their establishment and 2 emails, I have yet to have a solution for the lack of a correct power supply.  I have little faith in them.

Call your credit card company and put a stop payment on the order. What they've given you is not fit for the purpose for which it's intended. ResMed machines require 24 volts, and a Respironics power supply delivers only 12 volts.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2017, 10:37 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 08:20 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: Only, they shipped a 80W power Respironics supply brick that doesn't want to plug into the A10. 

Who did that? A Respironics power supply will not work with a ResMed machine.

(08-15-2017, 10:13 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: I ordered the machine online and Yes, I paid for it and they should provide the basics.  But after 2 phone messages left at their establishment and 2 emails, I have yet to have a solution for the lack of a correct power supply.  I have little faith in them.

Call your credit card company and put a stop payment on the order. What they've given you is not fit for the purpose for which it's intended. ResMed machines require 24 volts, and a Respironics power supply delivers only 12 volts.

I have no idea who put the wrong power supply cord in the box, and because they have thus far refused to contact me, I may never know.

The credit card transaction went through 5 days ago, I fear it's too late to stop payment on the transaction.  Besides I have the machine, just not the power cord so basically I'm left holding the 'bag' so to speak.  I'm not happy.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2017, 10:57 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: I have no idea who put the wrong power supply cord in the box, and because they have thus far refused to contact me, I may never know.

Whoever sold it to you did that.

Quote:The credit card transaction went through 5 days ago, I fear it's too late to stop payment on the transaction.  Besides I have the machine, just not the power cord so basically I'm left holding the 'bag' so to speak.  I'm not happy.

You can still have the credit car company deny the payment. The fact that you have the machine doesn't matter. They didn't give you the correct power supply for the machine, so they are not entitled to their money. You have a right to return what they sold you for a full refund. If they won't cooperate get your credit card company involved. That will get their attention.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you bought through Amazon, file a complaint directly through Amazon. They will help resolve the issue. Also leave a 1 rating and a negative review of the supplier. That usually gets their attention.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2017, 05:02 AM)pupcamper Wrote: If you bought through Amazon, file a complaint directly through Amazon. They will help resolve the issue. Also leave a 1 rating and a negative review of the supplier. That usually gets their attention.

Sadly did not buy through Amazon, but directly through the supplier.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 272 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 441 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
  Question: ResMed My Air & SD card rdudley9 2 743 06-04-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 946 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  SD card question Winterfrost 9 945 09-10-2021, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Winterfrost
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,999 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  SD Card Question TommyG 5 867 02-09-2021, 01:08 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.