Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Select CVS Pharamices will be Sleep Apnea DME's
Select CVS Pharamices will be Sleep Apnea DME's
I just saw an advertisement on TV (the tely for some of you) that a select number of CVS pharmacies will be acting as a Sleep Apnea DME.  They will offer in-home sleep test equipment, CPAP equipment and accessories.   This ad was broadcast on the Atlanta, GA viewing area. You may need to check your area. I guess Walgreen's won't be far behind them.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Select CVS Pharamices will be Sleep Apnea DME's
Good to have more competition!

BTW, Walgreens has been on the CPAP DME scene for several years now.

Search "Walgreens Home Health Care Solutions".

But I think nowadays, they don't sell CPAPs online, but only via brick-and-mortar stores in various locations.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is very common here in Australia - a lot of pharmacies also dabble in apnea treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess Wally (Wal-Mart) won't be too far behind either.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I walked into my local CVS yesterday and was STUNNED to find an aisle with ResMed and Philips Respironics CPAP masks - frames, headgear, cushions, etc. - plus assorted other generic CPAP equipment like tubing, chinstraps, cleaning products, filters, and cleaning machines.  Not sure if they sell actual CPAP machines; none on shelves but there were tags I didn't look at for items that can be picked up at the pharmacy counter.  I live in a small city so it was especially surprising to me how much they carry in store.

Prices were not at all discounted but in a pinch it is great to know I could walk in and buy something I need.  I looked online afterward out of curiosity and the website said 'Online Only" for the items I searched for, but that is not correct here at least for many of the items.

I had no idea and searched to forum where of course I found this thread.   Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
The last time I'd used the local CVS they kept losing my inhaler and BP script updates. I can't imagine what they'd do with a PAP script.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It wasn't clear what required a prescription at CVS.  The mask parts didn't appear to, but I wouldn't swear to it.  It was just my assumption since they were all out on shelves.  Some items did have security devices on the hangars which I assumed were to prevent theft, but obviously I could be wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
Apparently masks can sometimes be sold without a script. There's a new supplier on the radar that seems to sell masks without it. Google CPAP Masks Express.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thats really cool that atleast we will have more options and can possibly see the masks in person. I think it can be hard to tell sometimes from pics if you would like a mask or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Haven't heard it called "Telly" in years. Big Grin

I'm pretty sure most of everything is online here or via the sleep clinic, that I know of... but then I haven't exactly searched outside since my diagnosis!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CAN'T TOLERATE CPAP...NEW DEVICE TO TREAT SLEEP APNEA jmh8446805629 8 10,525 01-23-2017, 11:21 PM
Last Post: EssienM
  A new device to screen for sleep apnea : your opinion ? pierre.gilfriche 10 9,047 11-07-2014, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  herbs for Sleep Apnea storywizard 10 9,340 08-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.