Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting Pressure on S9
RE: Setting Pressure on S9
[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]

If your S9 is the Elite or AutoSet model, you can view AHI and leak in the sleep report and further information and detailed data graphs on the SD card. SleepyHead software download link is at the top of the page

You can use the data to ascertain whether the new setting is working or not
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2014, 10:20 PM)foggbird Wrote: I then copied and pasted those instructions, printed them and taped them to the bottom of my CPAP. Then I emailed them to myself and moved that email to a permanent file I use for important information that I can access anywhere in the world, as I do a lot of overseas traveling.

Yeah, there's not much chance you'll remember that............ Maybe if you embed a chip in the dog.

As the other guys have said, if you have a "data capable" S9 it would be a swimmingly good idea to install the Sleepyhead software on your machine and verify the results of lowering the pressure. ....and, if you don't have a data-capable machine, ask the dog.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Dude (isn't that a Beatles song?), you scared me with your comment "such a large jump as you are taking is not advisable for most users". So I set the pressure back to 7 ( it was 8 then I set it to 6). I did use the 6 setting last night and didn't notice an difference.

I think I have a software program as I can press Info and Setup and get a Sleep Quality screen that will give my Usage, Mask Fit and AHI and a Sleep Report with various categories. All those categories have information filled in there. I'm curious what AHI is.

I also looked at the label that says S9. It also says lPX1 and has a box with a person walking. None of that means anything to me. I did update my profile.

I did appreciate your comments. Thanks

John
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2014, 03:54 PM)foggbird Wrote: I'm curious what AHI is.
AHI is the number of apnea events (obstructive/central/unknown) and hyponea per hour. Scoring an apnea/hypopnea require at least 10 seconds

AHI of 5 and below considered normal but also 'how you feel' is important and even more so

Post Reply Post Reply
To determine which S9 you have, look near the on/off button. Near it will say Escape, Escape Auto, Autoset, or Elite. It may also say Auto SV or SV Adapt or some other combination. If it says EPR, that's something else and not the name.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Paula, I have an Autoset. Thanks for the help; I wasn't looking there. I changed my profile.

Zonk, My episodes were 3.3, well below 5. Set on 7, I had a better than average night last night. 8 hours total and didn't even wake up to use the bathroom for the last 5 hours. When I was originally tested, I had an episode once every 60 seconds at the worst. A CPAP was straight from heaven.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
John, It sounds like you're doing well with your therapy and are in good hands with Paula and Zonk.

Your AHI sounds good so I'll not encourage you to change anything.

I will encourage you to gain more knowledge of how your machine is set and how you can benefit from the modes it is capable of. Since you already know how to set the pressure you should also find out what mode of operation you are running under. The AutoSet can run under either Auto mode or Manual mode. In auto mode, you are allowed to set a minimum and a maximum pressure whereas in manual mode you merely set a constant pressure that will not change. There are several other features available so get the clinician manual available here and check it out.

I also suggest that you get the free software (either Sleepyhead or ResScan, take your choice or try both) that is available from this forum and install it on your computer so you can see the actual readouts of your sleep sessions and make intelligent decisions about changing setting if need be. That will also allow you to get a benchmark of where you stand now so that if things ever go sour on you, you'll be able to get some idea as to why that happened.

The more you know about this therapy and the equipment, the better you will be able to make your therapy effective and comfortable.

Best regards, Dude
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 160 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,207 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 861 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 389 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 3,012 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 514 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.