Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Settings not getting updated
Settings not getting updated
Hello, 
 I am using a Resmed Airsense 11.  For the past week all of my oscar imports are showing the message that all settings are based on assumptions because mode and pressure settings are missing.  This is giving inaccurate data though because I have changed the settings from what it is assuming.  I have tried deleting all of the records that have this message and re-adding them, but still not getting updated settings saved to my sd card.  Also tried deleting all the bad entries, and just sleeping another night without importing them, but that new night also had no updated settings.  The most recent thing i just did was to delete the settings folder, and re-insert it into the cpap which recreated the folder.  I did notice that the date on the folder now was 1/7 because it was obviously just created where as it was stuck at 1/2 before.  I am hoping that recreating this folder should allow it to start saving settings again to the sd card, but in case it does not does anyone have any insight into what may be happening and what else i can try to get settings to start syncing again?

Should I also assume that all the missing settings are not going to be retrievable once this is fixed?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Settings not getting updated
Some AS11 users have found that they have to totally cycle the power on their CPAP to correct this problem. It sounds like the firmware is not reinitializing the reporting of these parameters to the SD card and needs to have the power cycled to reestablish this procedure.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, i've given it a power cycle and will hope tomorrows results are better.
Post Reply Post Reply
well it looks like that didn't work.  I had fully unplugged my machine and plugged it back in yesterday, and this morning when i imported the results still no updated settings.  Any other options i can try?
Post Reply Post Reply
How are you importing the data to Oscar? 

I was originally using my PC to load the data directly from the SD card to Oscar without issue*, and was separately making occasional backups of the SD card to a folder on my PC. Then I tried copying the data from the SD card to the folder each morning, and loading the data from that folder into Oscar. Weirdly, the settings in Oscar wouldn't update for me either when doing that (and I was sure to "replace" the settings file when I copied the data from the SD card, though I skipped copying existing files for everything). So I went back to loading directly from the SD card, and it was fine. It doesn't make any sense. Confusedhrug:

*I did have a problem with the AirSense not writing to the SD Card at all for a couple of days, but unplugging the machine and plugging it back in fixed that.
Post Reply Post Reply
hmm I am doing exactly that.  I copy off the sd card and upload it to a shared folder on my server.  Then import that  folder into Oscar.  I will try directly from the sd card and see, but like you said that makes no sense if its the issue.  Especially seeing as this method has been working for months.  Also i just verified that the MD5 matches on my server copy and the sd card copy for the settings files which means something is getting corrupt during the import process with OSCAR.  Supposing that this is the issue for me as well.  Will test it shortly
Post Reply Post Reply
seems to be exactly what was happening.  I did manage to fix it though and still using the network drive.  And bonus is the settings i thought were lost actually are there too.

To correct what i did was on my shared drive (Not SD card), i deleted the settings folder, as well as the 2 identification files, and STR file.  I then also went into the DATALOG folder and deleted all of the dates that kept showing no settings.  Than i did a recopy from the sd card of everything skipping already existing.  This seems to have resolved it for me and all data present.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear you got it sorted out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 151 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 927 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 905 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  SoClean sues Philips [updated] Jeff8356 9 1,764 07-05-2022, 09:11 AM
Last Post: FirstNoele
  Updated Oscar but wrong data? DJCpap 5 729 12-04-2021, 01:05 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Updated Dream Station Firmware Problem patlink 4 1,100 03-21-2021, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Cpap626
  Needing Updated Prescription dracus 3 1,008 08-24-2020, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Canuck 2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.