Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Shift Worker Seeing Split Day Reports on OSCAR
Question 
Shift Worker Seeing Split Day Reports on OSCAR
Good evening.

Today I am officially a 7 day Veteran to CPAP therapy! I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome and plethora of information you have all provided on this forum. I read the wikis and help sections on using my machine & OSCAR to their fullest. But I still have an issue that I can't figure out on my own. I did try the search function on this forum and did not find an answer to my question.  

After reading several shift worker threads recommending to move the CPAPs internal clock to keep a daytime sleep as one session instead of being split into two at noon, I moved my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet back 6 hours. So now my sleep "day" resets at 6pm, this has helped me with daily reporting on the MyAir app and lets me know on the fly if I am compliant each day in between my shifts. I work two jobs, one is a full time steady midnights 00:00hrs-08:00hrs five nights a week, the other is a per diem day shift of 08:00hrs-12:00hrs usually a few days a week. 

I worked my midnight shift without working during the day today and when I downloaded my data to OSCAR and the graphs are all off in my reports. So I adjusted the OSCAR Time Drift to add back the 6 hour delta I applied in the CPAP machine settings and now the OSCAR data gets split at noon between yesterday and today. So it shows me sleeping 3hr20min yesterday and 1hr30min today. So I can't see all my data in one place unless I change it back 6 hours the other way and it shows me sleeping as one session from 02:40hrs-09:30hrs. 

Maybe I am missing something, but am I able to adjust the OSCAR time to reflect the actual time I was asleep (08:40hrs-15:30hrs) today WITHOUT it separating the data mid day or showing I slept last night?

Thank you ahead of time. Any other tips and tricks for shift working OSCAR users would be much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Shift Worker Seeing Split Day Reports on OSCAR
The time drift feature in Oscar is really designed for Respironics machines whose clock is set to UTC and cant be adjusted by the user. I think that resetting both the machine clock and the Oscar time drift is confusing the issue - better to set the machine and leave the time drift alone.

Given your shift pattern it looks like you are always awake at midnight and sleep through noon. So I'd suggest a 12 hour clock change such that 12 noon machine occurs at midnight real time. This will be the start of the Resmed day which will run 24 hours through to the following midnight. This would have the added advantage that the reported times would be exactly 12 hours apart and you wouldn't need to make allowances for a six hour shift. (In other words 3am becomes 3pm and so on).
Post Reply Post Reply
A 12-hour time shift makes sense. Doggonit, I hate when that happens with Deepbreathing! The important thing is you make the best of your sleep you possibly can. It is very hard to have daytime sleep without disruption, as it is just not our normal circadian rhythm. OSCAR is your best source to interpret the efficacy of you treatment, and no matter how the hours are divided, we can help you to optimize settings. Sleep hygiene will always be challenging.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you use Oscar, are you using it under Windows, MacOS or Linux?

Currently, there is little you can do with Oscar directly, but you may be able to set the time of day on your computer so that
Oscar displays the version of time you want to see.

Of course, it may turn out that this disrupts other things you do on your computer, but if you had, say, an old laptop dedicated to Oscar use,
you might find that this works for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 62 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 127 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Generating reports for doctor TechieHippie 5 371 02-19-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,254 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  OSCAR Reports do not appear to have O2 and Pulse Data SKPC 5 549 12-31-2023, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Blank Areas on OSCAR Daily reports ejbpesca 13 1,005 10-15-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
Question [split] Mac M1 stopped importing BestDreamYet 9 1,103 05-31-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: BestDreamYet

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.