Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Shifting old SD card to alternate device
Shifting old SD card to alternate device
Just today I had to return my ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV back to Apria (in process of changing medical coverage) - 

I have a backup AirCurve 10 ASV (same brand model) - can I pop in my SD card from the machine i just returned to put in my AirCurve that is now my primary device that I will start using tonight?  

Or is it better to simply use the SD card that was given to me in the lightly used ASV I had received last year?

thank you very much!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Shifting old SD card to alternate device
I'd go with popping the SD you were using and it should keep adding to the data. If you want, you can save the SD data onto a PC file and then start over with the SD in the now current ASV. I think for OSCAR it may be good practice to use different users per PAP machine to keep things separate.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry, but Sarcastic Dave is incorrect. Each machine records the its own serail number in the Identification.tgt file, so you need a different SD card for each machine. OTOH, if you won't ever be using the old machine again, you could make an archive copy of the SD card, and then reformat it to start clean in the new machine.

I'm not sure if just popping the old card in the new machine will do the re-formatting for you, or just confuse the machine.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The card will be formatted/deleted when you insert into the ASV so take a backup on your computer first unless you have already imported to oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Noted on error. Thanks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,041 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 974 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 365 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  New Device Looking for Insite. Jesmitty88 3 405 12-09-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question [Equipment] BEFORE YOU TRUST ANY COMMERCIAL NON-FDA DEVICE srlevine1 0 327 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [News] INGESTIBLE MIT DEVICE TO DETECT OSA? srlevine1 1 355 11-20-2023, 12:12 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Been struggling with my device, would appreciate some advice pamphlet 7 896 09-16-2023, 02:10 AM
Last Post: pamphlet

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.