Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I Increase Minimum Pressure?
Question 
Should I Increase Minimum Pressure?
Day 23 Smile

I've previously made some very helpful adjustments thanks to the input from this great group.  I'm now asking again if it is time to make a further adjustment, as I'm still showing quite a few flow limitations, hypopneas and vibratory snores.  It's been a little over a week since my last adjustment.

All help greatly APPRECIATED!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I Increase Minimum Pressure?
Except for 5/25, your AHI is one per hour which is fantastic. Your OA index is one every 3 hours and a hypopnea every 2-hours! Don't let a cluttered event chart tell you what to do, listen to yourself. How do you feel? What if you just turn off the VS2 line? This looks about as good as expected with the machine you are using. If you had the Resmed, we might try some EPR for the flow limits, RERA and hypopnea, but this is actually excellent results, and if you feel good, there is nothing to be changed. You could try 0.5 higher minimum pressure and see where that takes you, but pay attention to whether it makes you feel better or not. You're very close.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, thank you!  I am feeling a lot better, especially more awake in the afternoons. I will rest a little easier now.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might try raising your min pressure, the dreamstation likes to be close to the 95% pressure, you could try 10 or 11. You raise the min pressure till the obstructive Snore, FL, H, OA events are mostly resolved.

This video will help you understand more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gie2dhqP2c
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes but in small increments only,4:0to4:5.then see how well you are sleeping once you find your best pressures for a good sleep let it do its job.good luck,Jacob.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2019, 01:12 AM)ajack Wrote: You might try raising your min pressure, the dreamstation likes to be close to the 95% pressure, you could try 10 or 11. You raise the min pressure till the obstructive Snore, FL, H, OA events are mostly resolved.

This video will help you understand more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gie2dhqP2c

Thank you!  I raised it .5 last night and also raised the start ramp. I’m going to leave it there a few days and re-evaluate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good idea to try it higher for a while, you can always lower it if it is too much,
Once you feel that your in breaths are effortless leave it at that setting ,you can then play with the maximum setting,I find that 9.5 is ideal for me,it took me quite a while to arrive at this figure.the data plus having a good sleep will guide you to the optimum setting, be patient...good luck,Jacob.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Surprised [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI amfar33 2 101 04-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Predicting overnight minimum SP02 before falling asleep dfunk 0 111 04-02-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 24 1,584 03-29-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 7 232 03-29-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Daveman
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 214 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Pressure] More tired after pressure increase EndarSpire 8 474 02-09-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 418 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.