Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I be considering an oxygen concentrator?
RE: Should I be considering an oxygen concentrator?
It seems like w/ EPR enabled even at 1 my time spent at lower blood oxygen levels are much worse. Monday night w/ no EPR I spent 7 minutes at sp02 between 90-94% and last night I spent 28 minutes. All other settings the same and sleep duration nearly identical. Luckily, with all of the focus on sp02 / optimizing cpap I'm only rarely dipping below 90% but continuing to optimize where I can with advice from this board.

Also, given that with EPR my sp02 data is worse (although small sample size) does this bode well for bipap therapy?
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't find data on your charts that helps correlate this problem with pressure. Oxygen saturation is generally a function of EPAP pressure and respiratory events. So when is your SpO2 relatively low? Does it correspond to lower pressure or events? EPR is just pressure support in reverse, and if can result in poorer perfusion. I'm usually focused on respiratory volumes along with pressure to try to make sense of these situation, so looking at a chart with flow rate, mask pressure, minute vent, tidal volume, resp rate and any SpO2 data usually reveals the issues.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is a normal amount of pulse change events on a nightly basis? I range from 150-350 per 8hrs and feel the best with the lowest number of pulse change events. I haven't had much luck using EPR as it causes me to stay at lower sp02 levels for longer and I have trouble adjusting to the feeling of suffocation w/ EPR 3. Here is my sleep data from last night and it looks like my heart rate spikes correlate to large leaks and flow limits - is this right? Most nights I see either 0.7 AHI or 1.7 AHI and don't usually see the cluster of events from last night. I have a bipap titration scheduled for 8/15 - aside from getting a better mask fit are there any other options to get my pulse change events lower?

[Image: Screen-Shot-2023-08-04-at-11-20-54-AM.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Seriously? You want us to comment on what is a normal frequency of pulse changes? I don’t recall your results with different levels of EPR but that looks the most promising to resolve the hypopnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2023, 04:33 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Seriously?  You want us to comment on what is a normal frequency of pulse changes?  I don’t recall your results with different levels of EPR but that looks the most promising to resolve the hypopnea.

Yes, seriously. I'm asking from a position of ignorance and assume there is a normal range - did I insult you somehow? Surprised at your tone / response.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 805 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 1,002 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 396 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 595 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,150 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 451 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 569 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.