Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I purchase a 0 hour 2 year old S9 Autoset?
Should I purchase a 0 hour 2 year old S9 Autoset?
I have a opportunity to purchase a ResMed S9 Autoset that has 0 hours on it but is almost two years old. ($400.00)

The seller put it on a shelf shortly after receiving it and now want to get rid of it. (claiming he never needed it)

Has the S9 Autoset been updated over the past two years to correct any bugs?

I looked on ResMed's web site but can't find that they ever release any firmware updates.

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I purchase a 0 hour 2 year old S9 Autoset?
Hi k.eschmitz and WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2012, 06:07 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi k.eschmitz and WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you.

You could check the software version on your machine against that of others to see how current you are. I don't know of any user actually "updating" their machine except by replacing it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2012, 05:55 PM)k.eschmitz Wrote: I have a opportunity to purchase a ResMed S9 Autoset that has 0 hours on it but is almost two years old. ($400.00)

The seller put it on a shelf shortly after receiving it and now want to get rid of it. (claiming he never needed it)

Has the S9 Autoset been updated over the past two years to correct any bugs?

I looked on ResMed's web site but can't find that they ever release any firmware updates.

Thanks,
there are few firmware upgrade since then, 905 is the latest or maybe there is more recent upgrade. if any major upgrade ... it will S10
just minor upgrade ... smartstart can be enabled with full face mask, Resmed logo on the sreen, software humidifier number appear on the service screen when humidifier connected, maybe there are others but not important as far the machine concerned
just make sure its zero hours and include the humidifier, water tank (cleanable tank preferred), slimline and climate hoses, SD card, power brick. any warranty?

Post Reply Post Reply
Eh, $400 for a used machine, even allegedly never used, is about right. The changes to the "software" would be minimal. Anything too big and it would be an S10.

Make sure you find out if it is truly zero hours. A user can change the hours for that user but can't clear the total hours used for the machine. Not sure where to find that.

A few things to ask the seller:
Was it in it's case for that time? (bag means less chance of some creepy crawly or a ton of dust or whatever being inside of it)
Where did he get it? (if he cannot easily say the name or location of the DME, then he is being untruthful)

Compare the prices to SecondWind (Supplier #2)
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Firmware version is probably not a big thing.

"Run hours" is the hours that can't be reset. Press and hold setup and info until another menu comes up. Turn the knob right one click until the sleep report comes up. Press the knob to enter the menu. Turn the knob to the right. "Run hours" is near the bottom of the menu.

$400 is probably a fairly reasonable price.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
How can I tell the age of my AutoSet? Is there a code in the serial number?
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2012, 11:12 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: How can I tell the age of my AutoSet? Is there a code in the serial number?
I think the first two numbers of the serial number denote country of manufacture ... 22 Australia ... 23 Singapore
the next two numbers ... year of manufacture

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2012, 11:35 PM)zonk Wrote:
(12-01-2012, 11:12 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: How can I tell the age of my AutoSet? Is there a code in the serial number?
I think the first two numbers of the serial number denote country of manufacture ... 22 Australia ... 23 Singapore
the next two numbers ... year of manufacture
Okay, Thank you, mine are 2312 and does say made in Singapore on both AutoSet & H5i. Appreciate the info. This thread had me curious.

Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 50 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,599 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,515 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,462 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Events per hour Trouthead 3 265 02-02-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 304 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.