Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I wait before using Oscar?
Should I wait before using Oscar?
Hello,

I recently received a ResMed machine and am in that time period where everything is monitored to be sure I am using my machine before the insurance company pays for it. I have downloaded Oscar because I want to see more of my sleep report than the  ResMed app pathetically shares (we mustn't let the children know!). Anyway, I read how the ResMed SD9 cards can accidentally be messed up if not locked before inserting into the computer. I am using AirSense10 and it has a blue SD card inserted without a number on the card, as best I can tell. Is it also a concern to put this card in my computer without locking it? Also, can "they" be able to see if I have taken the card and used it to see the data? I don't want to do anything to screw things up with insurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I wait before using Oscar?
Hi KelleyBee! - Welcome

The AS10 does not suffer the problem that the S9 had. You do not need to lock the card at any time. If your AS10 came with a card, make sure someone else's data is not on it. The easiest way to do this is to put it in your computer and delete all files on it. The AS10 will write all required files when you return the card to the CPAP. Reading the card does not alter its contents, so no need to worry about importing its data into OSCAR.

Two little things to be aware of; A CPAP will write its serial number to the SD card, so only one CPAP's data can be on the card. The second tidbit is, the card has to be in the CPAP while it's in use in order to record the detailed sleep data.

Good luck!

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I wait before using Oscar?
You can download your data anytime and no one will know. The data stays on the card and Oscar even creates a backup. I assume you got a new machine, so no need to check the card for sessions that are not yours. You might want to update your profile to show the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset instead of the Philips Respironics machine. Profile is here https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp.php
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.