Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Shouldn't flow limit always precede OA events?
Shouldn't flow limit always precede OA events?
Mechanically, obstructive apneas events introduce greater airway resistance (i.e. flow limitation). So, it should follow any OA event would follow an increase in flow limit. However, that is not the case when I am looking at my data.

Can someone explain this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Shouldn't flow limit always precede OA events?
It would help to look at an example, however a complete obstruction can and does occur without prior flow limitation. OA normally initiates on exhale, and the obstruction prevents the next breath in spite of inspiratory effort.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Shouldn't flow limit always precede OA events?
So would the flow limit show up during the event? Should there at least be flow limit showing at some point around the OA?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about flow limitations Uzupan 2 40 1 hour ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Question about flow limitations and settings Miles3zd3 8 315 Today, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Miles3zd3
  [CPAP] How do I fix flow limitations? dnserror 3 97 Yesterday, 10:14 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Persistent CA events and fatigue with low-ish AHI ATT9791 11 483 08-28-2024, 09:50 AM
  Need help with increased Clear Airway events zood 0 103 08-26-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: zood
  [CPAP] Need help, crazy amount of flow limitations events on pressure increase testetst2212 6 277 08-25-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help with treatment and upstanding data- High occurrences of Clear Airway events amunozar 8 452 08-22-2024, 11:41 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.