Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Side Panel For AirSense10
Side Panel For AirSense10
Hi,

Has anyone used the side panel instead of the water reservoir for the AirSense10? I just used the side panel for the first time last night and I had a very difficult time with mouth breathing leaks and night terror wakeups. It's probably a coincidence, but I wanted to check.  I woke up nearly 10 times throughout the night and many of these were probably due to mouth leaking (it's odd that the Oscar data does not show a severe leak issue, but I caught myself leaking out of my mouth several times). I believe that when this occurs it affects my throat and causes night terrors (mares). I thought I was done with the night terrors since I started taping my mouth earlier this year, but they came back with a vengeance last night.

BTW I also am using a new mask (P30i) since the beginning of the month instead of my old P10 that I have used for several years. Been having good luck with the P30i until last night.

Thanks!

Rick

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Side Panel For AirSense10
I don’t think the water tank to panel would have any effect. You can just leave the tank in and not filling it but turn off the humidifier. 

You are having flow limits all night and that could cause waking up. You could raise epr to 3 and that could help.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2020, 03:31 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I don’t think the water tank to panel would have any effect. You can just leave the tank in and not filling it but turn off the humidifier. 

You are having flow limits all night and that could cause waking up. You could raise epr to 3 and that could help.

Thanks for the advice. I have tried the epr setting of 3 and it seemed a little high - almost like it was sucking the air out at exhale - but I'll give it another try. Also do you think my flow limits are really bad? I was looking through my past history and these current flow limits were not that much different. Would maybe increasing my minimum pressure from 11 to 12 be a valid option?
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limits are usually upper airway obstructions and are helped with EPR.  The reason some do not use more EPR is that it can cause more centrals, but you did not have that problem so I suggested you increase EPR to 3.  The EPR only reduces your pressure on exhale. 

No your flow limits are not bad, they are small but there are a lot of them that might be the reason you are waking up.  Its worth a try and if it does not help, you can change it back.  It is not really a large change and may not make a difference.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I too have a side panel especially for travel in the even I break the tank. Tried it for a couple days to see what difference was and did not notice any. There would be an air volume difference in the system which I suppose could make a difference in the treatment but I don’t see how it would make a difference in leaks. 

Bottom line: I saw no difference except for (maybe) a bit dryer throat.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the side panel on a regular basis.  The empty tank acts as an acoustic resonator as the air passes through which is annoying to me.  I find the side panel to be quieter.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the side panel since I got my AS10 in Dec 2015 with no problems. The last time I used my tank was in the hospital last Oct when I was having my knee replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a total right knee replacement in Nov. of 2016. My left knee is now beginning to feel and act like my right knee did before having it replaced. 

I had both x-rayed a couple of months ago. Doc says my left knee still has a few years of use left in it. My right knee looked fine, but it still hurts at times.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 409 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 439 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 258 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 184 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  would it matter if you ran a cpap (without humidifier) on its side?on its side snorin2 8 629 11-19-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.