Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Side sleeping: arms going numb disturbing quality of sleep
RE: Side sleeping: arms going numb disturbing quality of sleep
I just checked out the body pillows. There must eleventy-million of them, each at a different price. There is one that almost needs its own bed. Does anyone recommend a product name?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are comfortable sleeping on your back, just put a pillow under your knees. This pretty much keeps most people on their back for the night. I prefer sleeping on my back, but the mattress I got stuck with is too uncomfortable for back sleeping. Replacing bed next year with much more comfortable mattress.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same occur after starting cpap use. You might try a latex/memory foam mattress on the soft side or at less cost a 1.5" - 2" memory foam topper @ 3 lb density.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am so glad to read your post. I am Newbie and having wonderful results using my CPAP. No problems there. However, I started to get shoulder pain and groin/leg pain a few weeks ago -- went to Chiropractor. Discovered that since I had to change my life long sleeping position (from stomach sleeper to now side sleeper) I was putting too much weight on my right hip and it was causing tremendous pain. Thought I had a groin sprain at first - the pain was that bad. I have been moderating my sleep position, using body pillow and it is helping. But this is the first time I had seen a post about body aches and thought I was experiencing something unusual! Thanks for posting.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to have the same problem. Here are 2 things that helped me:

- A temperpedic mattress. I have a generic version, but it's made a phenomenal difference in my body comfort while sleeping. BEST $ I have ever spent!

- A good pillow. The buckwheat CPAP pillow on Amazon for $45 has made a tremendous difference in my body comfort while sleeping, including helping my arms to not fall asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 400 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 804 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 437 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.