Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Side sleeping / face frame masks
RE: Side sleeping / face frame masks
(01-31-2023, 12:37 PM)taylorgtr Wrote: I could go back to my Resmed P10, which doesn't have the face frame issue - but the straps are pretty useless - is there a better / more secure head strop for the P10?

When did you last try the P10?

They've changed the strap so it now has an adjustable clip to properly tighten and loosen it.

I hated the original strap, but really like the adjustable one.
Post Reply Post Reply
A follow-up on my results:

I've gotten good results through a combination of changes
1) a smaller pillow
2) making sure the straps are secure
3) Changing my nose piece on a regular basis

and...

4) realizing that some of the noise is due to the top vent from the mask hitting the pillow, making extra noise. If I position my head properly, noise level drops to zero.
Post Reply Post Reply
As mentioned, the new P10 has adjustable strap tension (compared to the old version) so that helps, but its not perfect. 
I saw on another post, some people suggest going to a non-official/ non ResMed strap, available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Replacement-Headgear-Compatible-Airfit/dp/B09ZXVM2PV/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2HTY9Y8NO6URS&keywords=medihealer+B09ZXVM2PV&qid=1685986597&sprefix=medihealer+b09zxvm2pv%2Caps%2C2

I have not tried it yet so far myself though.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 10 125 1 hour ago
Last Post: biboombap
  Hybrid Masks more comfortable than over the nose FF mask? sleepingbetterinFl 5 103 2 hours ago
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 253 10 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 167 04-15-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Skin Irritation from Masks Granny7 19 2,743 04-13-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 178 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 139 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.