Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sinus "Issues"
RE: Sinus "Issues"
Thanks Dan, I've found myself unable to do the flush, I have a terrible gag reflex and would likely drown (there are times I choke on my own saliva, most unpleasant).  Yes tried those products (well in my case, Nasonex) but they didnt work for me.  And I hated squirting stuff into my nose.  I'm currently running on 2 hours sleep, and am about to head to bed again, I'm going to try zyrtec again, its been a couple of weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do much better with the pillows (P10).
I like the nasal mask, but the narrow part at the bridge of my nose applies pressure which causes congestion.
If I don' use the humidifier, congestion gets bad, but worse, I'll get nosebleeds in the morning.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2018, 09:28 PM)CB91710 Wrote: I do much better with the pillows (P10).
I like the nasal mask, but the narrow part at the bridge of my nose applies pressure which causes congestion.
If I don' use the humidifier, congestion gets bad, but worse, I'll get nosebleeds in the morning.

Nosebleeds are a pest, I get them very occasionally... usually at inconvenient times like just as I am about to go to bed!!  Or when I need to go shopping. My last nasal mask (a Respironics -not Phillips- Comfort Classic, not made anymore) did the same thing, but the Pico is very lightweight and does not put pressure on.  I love it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you notice that when you lay down your congestion gets worse? It may be time for surgery
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2018, 01:16 AM)crowtor Wrote: Do you notice that when you lay down your congestion gets worse? It may be time for surgery

Yes it does.  Surgery?
Post Reply Post Reply
This problem seems complicated. I think it will take a doctor to help you figure this out. Hopefully it is an easy non-surgery fix- like the bedroom temperature is too hot, the humidification setting, both? (as an example)
Post Reply Post Reply
Kyteflyer...nasal pillows open your nasal passages and make breathing much easier. Nasal masks put pressure right on your sinuses alongside your nose. If you have not tried nasal pillows, give yourself a treat.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2018, 02:20 AM)Kyteflyer Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 01:16 AM)crowtor Wrote: Do you notice that when you lay down your congestion gets worse? It may be time for surgery

Yes it does.  Surgery?

I could yank my pressure to 20 and it wasnt able to blow through my swollen turbinates. I then had turbinectomy which removed this problem. Try Xylometazoline and see if it helps after 10mins. If it does and your congestion doesnt get worse when laying down this time, you could benefit from the surgery. It is a vasoconstrictor, meaning it makes the blood vessels in your nose smaller and they don't swell when you lay down.

After the surgery you will be asked to sleep with the head up for a few weeks and once it healed properly it wont swell like it does now when lying down.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2018, 01:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Kyteflyer...nasal pillows open your nasal passages and make breathing much easier. Nasal masks put pressure right on your sinuses alongside your nose.  If you have not tried nasal pillows, give yourself a treat.

Thanks, I will try that.  I've always thought it was actually the air rushing through that was causing it, but maybe not, eh?

(09-11-2018, 03:35 AM)crowtor Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 02:20 AM)Kyteflyer Wrote:

Yes it does.  Surgery?

I could yank my pressure to 20 and it wasnt able to blow through my swollen turbinates. I then had turbinectomy which removed this problem. Try Xylometazoline and see if it helps after 10mins. If it does and your congestion doesnt get worse when laying down this time, you could benefit from the surgery. It is a vasoconstrictor, meaning it makes the blood vessels in your nose smaller and they don't swell when you lay down.

After the surgery you will be asked to sleep with the head up for a few weeks and once it healed properly it wont swell like it does now when lying down.

Ohhhh!  Right.  I actually sleep half up (three pillows, have needed to do that for something like 20 years now because I get chest congestion/pulmonary edema)... cant breathe lying flat.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m sorry that you are suffering so. And I know that your machine can’t do this, but I was having terrible problems with congestion until I 1) switched from Zyrtec to Xyzal 2) increased humidity to 6 ( I have a resmed autoset 10 for her) and 3) turned my tube temp up to 86. I have been feeling much better for the last two weeks.

If humidity is making it worse, are you sure that you don’t have some kind of mold in your tank?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 56 Yesterday, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 196 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 532 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 232 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 138 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 136 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 144 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.