Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sinus full
RE: Sinus full
You might not need to use the sinus rinse as often as 2x a day.

During times of low quantity of allergens in the air I do it perhaps 1x or 2x a week. Right now we've got a lot of wildfire smoke in the air and I've been using it every 2 or 3 days.

So YMMV. But definitely try once or twice to see if it helps you.

And it could help even when you don't expect it to. E.g. one time a few years ago I was congested from a cold. I VERY GENTLY did the rinse and I wound up clearing out a lot of snot and felt much better. But that's not something a beginner should attempt.
Post Reply Post Reply
Flonase is what saved us, we've been using it for years.  No need for prescription anymore, but you could check with your doctor.  Best prices I've found have been for the generic version at Costco called Aller-Flo.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2017, 09:21 AM)plugman2 Wrote: Each morning I wake up with a head full of snot.  I have tried changing Humity setting no help.  It get's so bad my head feels like a water ballon.  Plus I end up with my water behind my ear drum.  Can anyone help?

Plugman2

I'm not on CPAP (yet), but I, too, have snot-head when I wake up. Here's some things I've tried:

1. Simply Saline...I love this stuff: it unglues my nasal workings. It always feels nice and cool. I can use it several times a day or during the night.
2. Raise the pillow or the head end of the bed. Be sure your sinuses can actually drain downwards.
3. Put a warm compress on your face (even a hot wash cloth) when you get up.
4. Spray Icy Hot on your upper chest and inhale deeply. (I discovered this one serendipitously; that stuff is intensely nasal clearing)
5. Use "expectorant"; this liquefies mucus.
6. Use a synthetic pillow. Experiment with degrees of hard/soft.

Some folks like neti pots, but on me they create...dah dah dah dah.... "water behind the eardrum", not to mention behind the cheeks (super painful).

Important not to use anything habit forming, IMO. None of the above is, with the exception of maybe inhaling Icy Hot. Dunno about that one.

Yes, some lucky folks have sinuses near their ear drums, left over from when we were fish and had gills, I guess.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 225 Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 530 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,614 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 703 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 402 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.