Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Apnea & Mood Swings
Sleep Apnea & Mood Swings
I Have Central and obstructive sleep Apnea
and used to have alot of issues linked to my condition ie mood swings

I Have Been on a auto sv machine for 3 month now and have been feeling way better

i have had a cold for about 3 weeks and have seen my reading go up and did notice my mood changed with it

now i find myself not taking a nap anymore after i finish work i work from 3 am to 11 am

now due to the above i am finding myself getting moody again due to lack of sleep on a night even thou my readings are getting back to normal

is this normal or is it time to visit the docs again

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Apnea & Mood Swings
Eh, I'd wait to see how you are after the cold. Are you taking any OTC medications? Being sick for 3 weeks will make anyone moody!

Is your machine data capable?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Is your machine data capable?

yes it is

the higher reading are in line with my mood swings

tried to explain this to my boss today
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, because you also have central apnea, raising the pressure may not help much.

So going to see your doc is probably a good idea. 'Specially since you have only been using this machine for 3 months. Time for a checkup anyway!

Keeping a sleep journal probably would be a good idea, too. Note how you are doing mood-wise as well as the daily AHI.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
That is normal. I think it takes awhile to see the full benefits from ASV. If you're not getting deep, restorative sleep it will throw you way out of balance.
Good luck, get feeling better soon.
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 230 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 291 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 126 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.