Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Apnea Need Feedback
Sleep Apnea Need Feedback
Hi, 

havent posted for a long time but just want to see if anyone else has gone through the same thing. 

Anyway, I did sleep test and so forth and was given a CPAP which I could never get use to. Pressure is like 6-12. My case was severe and I snore like a mammoth. 

Fast foward a decade later. I went for another consultation with a different doctor for a possible surgery option because my adenoids is huge and I can barely breath through my nose. Doctor told me to go do sleep test again as it could be dangerous to operate on.

Did a home test again (not sure of the result, have asked for a copy). Doctor said it was very bad and I could die in 5 years. He suggested I go do another sleeping test at a hospital. 

Apparently, my brain is not telling me to breath at night time and my oxygen level is low and my heart rate is low too.

Originally, doctor said removing my adenoids would help me breath through my nose again but he was worry about how dangerous the operation was going to be. Now he saying he doesn't want me to waste money and to do more checks.

I feel confused because my adenoids is huge and I can't breath through my nose properly but seems like this option has been put aside. I am not due to see him for another 3 months till I do this sleeping test at a hospital. 

Anyone else with similar story?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Apnea Need Feedback
Hi boar,
I think you've come to realize that "untreated" apnea over time will only worsen.

From your comments, it sounds like you have Central sleep apnea.  Just surmising since we can't see your prior sleep test.

Please don't put off scheduling the test your doctor wants done at the hospital.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...pnea_(CSA)

As far as the surgery for adenoids, your doctor will probably make a decision on that after you have the sleep study.

You apparently have to wait 3 months for a study, so let's do this...

Do you still have your S9? Fire it up, put on a mask, and sleep with it. Put an SD card in that machine, and post a screenshot of your data here. We would be able to quickly tell how bad your apnea is.

You will need to download the free OSCAR software.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to Apnea and APAP, looking for OSCAR feedback myklu 4 97 04-26-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: myklu
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 7 290 04-25-2024, 07:28 PM
Last Post: laokg
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 134 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 299 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 165 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 8 357 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 243 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.