Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Cntr Overnite to Select/Adj CPAP/Mask
RE: Sleep Cntr Overnite to Select/Adj CPAP/Mask
If they’re sending you for a titration study, you know you have apnea. You also know it qualifies for treatment under Medicare guidelines.

Yes, on auto titrating.  After a month or so, you’ll have a follow up with the doc. If your auto titration didn’t work for some reason, they can order one then.

Also, The A10A will automatically arrive at a (more or less) suitable pressure setting. This is what most docs think of when issuing an order for auto titration. IMO I think I would avoid any mention of changing the settings yourself, using SleepyHead, etc. Leave that discussion for later. By then, you’ll be the “best patient ever”, 100% compliant (which is most of what they care about) yadda yadda yadda, and they’re unlikely to give a rip....

Keep in mind that auto titration doesn’t work for everyone, ‘cos sometimes a whole different machine would work better.

Your wish to spend time RVing while you can should be persuasive enough for even a tow-the-line doc to fall in with your request. One more night in the sleep lab, one less night on the road....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 190 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 162 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 186 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,081 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 489 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 204 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.