Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Study Declined. Just buy machine?
RE: Sleep Study Declined. Just buy machine?
Have you tried giving up the sugar and junk food, while trying some exercise? I ask that sincerely as you have mentioned a reason not to.
The symptoms you’re describing seem mostly lifestyle related, but perhaps I’m missing something.
Post Reply Post Reply
You still haven't answered question about digestive issues etc but long story short is your diet is horrible and if you are having problems with digestive system then it can easily cause all of these symptoms and your diet will just be making it worse. Your temporary sugar highs are false forms of energy that end up harming you and causing more periods of fatigue than energy.

If you are serious about trying to improve the first step is a drastic change to your diet. If you do the following I will be surprised if you don't see improvement and probably significant weight loss.

Cut out sugars and junk food and minimize carbohydrate intake. You will have sugar withdrawals at first, hunger pangs, feeling like lack of energy etc. Power through them knowing you are pointing yourself in the right direction. Focus on a diet rich in meat and vegetables with small portions of carbs such as rice, potatoes etc. All healthy foods, no junk food try to avoid prepackaged meals and cook from fresh.

If you are having symptoms that point towards a food sensitivity such as nasal congestion, constipation, bloating, heartburn etc then try some elimination food challenges. Try the common offenders first (dairy, gluten, soy, caffeine, fodmaps). Researching food sensitivities and food elimination diets will give more information.

I did the above and it made a significant change to my life. Still fine tuning things and looking for the last couple missing pieces but have seen improvements not only in how I feel but also in my CPAP data and even blood oxygen levels.

If you go this route commit to ~ 2 months of time towards it to really see improvement. Once you get past the first tough weeks and start seeing improvement you will be able to stay motivated. If you give up early then you won't know if it will have actually helped or not. Years of poor lifestyle are not undone in days or even weeks of correction.
Post Reply Post Reply
And, by the way, healthy fats are a much better (and satisfying) source of energy than carbs. Cooking with olive oil, avocados, etc. can help.

Low-carb AND low-fat is just miserable. Add a little butter to your sandwich or eat a slightly less lean cut of meat, and you'll be surprised how much more full you feel. It doesn't take a lot, and as Geer1 said, avoid the junk. The processed fats and hydrogenated oils in packaged food are terrible for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 73 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.