Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Tracking Device
Sleep Tracking Device
I would like to find the best sleep tracker home device possible. I understand that they will not match the sleep lab polysomnography, but I think that there are some things which a patient can do at home. My goal is to measure how well my sleep therapy is working. Does anyone have a recommendation?

From my research these seem to be the options:

1) Pulse oximetry (Contec CMS50) with Sleepyhead software.

2) Itamar-Medical WatchPAT. Rx Required and very expensive. Used for at home sleep studies.

3) Actiwatch from Phillips. Rx Required.

4) Wrist activity trackers (iWatch, Jawbone, Garmin, Fitbit, Basis, Misfit, Withings)

5) Contact-less activity trackers (Withings Aura, Beddit, and Luna)

6) SleepRate from Stanford

7) Smart phone apps (Sleepbot, SleepCycle, SnoreLab)

8) Smart CPAP machines like Philips Respironics tracking software

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Tracking Device
Hi QueF,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for suggestions and answers to your question and much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi QueF,

There are a lot of aspects that can be measured: EEG, cardiac rhythm, heart rate, oxygen saturation, body temperature, flow of nasal and mouth breathing, respiratory effort, limb movement, eye movement, etc...
I think it depends on your (suspected) condition on what you could (want to) measure. What kind of sleep therapy for what do you do?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I have an AHI of 16 and a high arousal rate, approximately 40 times per hour in REM. I will try an oral appliance first and would like to home test to see if it is effective in lowering my AHI and arousal rate.

Many thanks for any advice on how to best measure at home.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope it's not too late to help, but I HIGHLY recommend the Withings Sleep mat.  It was VERY obvious in it's Breathing disturbances graph when I started using my CPAP.  Attached in a snippet of my Withings app.  Hope that helps!

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2019, 11:52 AM)Eldon Wrote: Hope it's not too late to help, but I HIGHLY recommend the Withings Sleep mat.  It was VERY obvious in it's Breathing disturbances graph when I started using my CPAP.  Attached in a snippet of my Withings app.  Hope that helps!

Thanks!
That's very helpful.

(I use a Garmin vivoactive HR watch that monitors sleep. It helps me with sleep hygiene,and lets me see my HR whenever I wish. It connects to my iphone. I can view how long I slept, when I slept, when and how often I woke up. It tells me if I've had deep sleep, or light sleep.)

I find the Garmin very helpful; battery life is about 5 days after a full charge.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I've used wrist-based trackers before, the data is pretty interesting but not that useful apart from heart rate and general amount of movement (not sensitive enough, low-quality data).
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's also the Dreem headband, and a similar Phillips product. They both add EEG sensors, etc.

I just posted a review of the Dreem 2 here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here’s some I’ve tried personally, not yet on your list

- Dreem headset
- Ōura ring
- Withings bed tracker (might have been on your list)

Additionally, I’ve tried pretty much all the sleep tracking Apps for the Watch, and to me the best two are AutoSleep and Sleep Watch.
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 66 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,051 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,336 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 975 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Exclaimation [Equipment] Sleep Tracking Ring Vako 7 352 02-14-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Vako

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.