Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepy all day
Sleepy all day
Hi, everyone.

Been on CPAP since 2017, self-diagnosed.

First day, I've used default pressure of 4-20. Felt great, everything was amazing.

After a month or so, feeling sluggish again, til this day.

I've been tinkering the pressure for a while, but lately I've been feeling especially tired.

I've tried lowering the pressure for about a week (9-11) and was feeling even worse.

Aerophagia is a huge part of my treatment, I can't get rid of it, even while using lower pressure (9).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepy all day
To looks good, the only thing I see is flex level is 3 and quite a few people on this site report that flex 3 caused them problems and using 2 helped normalize sleep. Sorry I can’t be of more help but if no one has other suggestions Chan the flex to 2.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2021, 09:51 PM)staceyburke Wrote: To looks good, the only thing I see is flex level is 3 and quite a few people on this site report that flex 3 caused them problems and using 2 helped normalize sleep. Sorry I can’t be of more help but if no one has other suggestions Chan the flex to 2.

Thanks! I'll try tonight and report back.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're suffering aerophagia, drop your minimum pressure back to 9.0 from 11.0. Your results are as good as I have seen on a Philips machine and I think you can afford a lower pressure. I think you can get good treatment and less air in your stomach.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dropped minimum pressure back to 9 and Flex to 2. Reporting back with numbers in a few days.

Thanks everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hey, everyone. After trying a lot of pressure, EPR... I'm back with some screenshots.

Recently, I've had the best night of sleep of last few years (after trying a lot of configurations). I've attached as the first (1.png) screenshot.

I did not change a single parameter and I could not repeat that beautiful sleep, on the contrary, my sleep got worse and worse day after day as you can see on the Oscar Data.

I have done a few more reading and changed to a fixed pressure and turned off EPR for a few days, but I keep waking up with an elevated heart beat using a fixed pressure (13).

I have no problem breathing without EPR, but for some reason I wake up several times per night.

I'm in mid-30s, not overweight and sleep on my sides. Should I try a different setting or mask? I tape my mouth very tight.

Post Reply Post Reply
You are getting all a reasonable person should expect from your treatment. There's nothing left there. Instead, turn to your 'self'. You have insomnia. It happens to the best of us. You should learn some strategies to get two or three decent nights of sleep each week, and that might very well be the deal for you from now on. For example, if your sleep/bedtime hygiene is good, (you can google that if you need to), then you might resort to some over-the-counter help or prescribed help. After both an angiogram to determine if my coronary arteries are blocked, and then a catheter ablation of the pulmonary vein ostia four months later in an effort to halt paroxysmal atrial fibrillation (AF), I began to sleep much more poorly. Melatonin, in SMALL doses (3mg at bedtime, or smaller) every other, or every third, night keeps its potency and will buy you about one more hour of sleep. Also, it helps to return to sleep if you turn over and just rest there, mind as blank as possible. Take more of it, and/or more frequently, and you'll lose it as an aid.

I have never needed a prescription for a sleep aid until these two events. My physician agreed to provide me with five tablets of Zopiclone. He said to stretch them out. My pharmacist said to break them in half. After that first half, I resorted to one-quarter tablet using a pill-cutter. I was very pleased to find that using a quarter tablet every fourth or fifth night made all the difference in the world. They still work. After a renewal of 14 tablets last September 14th, I still have six pills left. My wife used two of those that are gone, so that leaves six tablets that I have used myself over four months. This should give you an idea of the self-discipline you need to keep the Zopiclone and the melatonin potent; you use them only when you absolutely must. That means toughing out the long nights when you lie awake for 90 minutes or more....as I do. Eventually you WILL sleep.

That's one part of the cure. Ideally your sleep will improve, but it won't if you're not dealing with the reason you have insomnia. If you are avoiding something, putting something off, or otherwise not contending with an important problem, you will continue to suffer. Get a grip on what is keeping you from guilt-free rest.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've posted the best night of sleep of the last few years, I'm not sleeping like that everyday, on the contrary. That day was the only day I can remember I didn't wake up several times in the middle of the night.

I fall asleep very fast every night (less than 5 minutes), so I don't believe I have insomnia, on the contrary, I get sleepy and fall asleep really fast every single night.

I eat very healthy every single day as well (very limited fat, lots of greens), as well as having very low cholesterol (as per recent blood test).

Pretty sure my breathing is waking me up with an accelerated heart beat every night.

I've attached the last three nights which I had terrible sleep.

Thanks for the help.

p.s Tried to pinpoint what I did that night to sleep like that and I did exactly what I do every day, I'm out of ideas. I go to bed same time every day as well.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 560 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  Still Sleepy? HotdogFriendo 4 374 01-15-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHI, compliant but still sleepy jamwin 2 342 11-30-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: jamwin
  Low AHI, Comfortable w/ APAP but Still Sleepy SJGD7 3 1,100 10-10-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Still sleepy during the day - low tidal, high resp.? mildOA 3 496 09-19-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Gross Forever sleepy - help! mjw423 7 825 05-14-2023, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
  [CPAP] Too Sleepy's Therapy Thread Too Sleepy 23 2,210 02-24-2023, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Too Sleepy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.