Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead App?
RE: SleepyHead App?
OK, I'm pretty much on the far edge of knowing what I'm talking about here.

While on the ship, the C-Pap is plugged directly into a 110v (50 Hz, I think) outlet, and the C-Pap brick can handle 110/240 V, 50/60 Hz input, with a 12V, 5.0 A output.

The surge protector is also connected to another 3 prong, grounded, 110v outlet while on board, but it also has a 1A USB outlet in addition to 3 110v receptacles. We use that to power all of the rest of otherwise unnecessary electronic crap.

When we are not on the ship and in a hotel and it is necessary to use the standard Italian 3 prong grounded outlet, I run the C-Pap through the surge protector.

I hope this is more clear.

Phil
(06-08-2014, 08:51 PM)archangle Wrote: I think that on ResMed S9 and PRS1 machines, you can replace the detachable power cord that goes from the power brick and the wall to get the right plug.

I think that's a CEE7/16 to C7 power cord. Not sure, though.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I'm sure you are correct, but it's a lot easier to haul around a couple of small throw away adapters than several extra specialize cords.

Presently I have a zip bag full of various USB - micro cords, an Ipad cord, a Nook cord, charger plugs, as well as a card reader and a USB hub. Oh, and plus the surge protector and extension cord. I have no shortage of electronic crap.

We've been on a ship for a week now with lots of outlets and room to spread out. The next three weeks in Rome will likely prove more challenging, but I think I probably be fine.

Also, I was able to pickup 2 five liter bottles of distilled water from the ship's laundry (ironing), so that issue has been handled. That was fortuitous to say the least.

Phil
(06-12-2014, 03:14 PM)pdeli Wrote: I'm sure you are correct, but it's a lot easier to haul around a couple of small throw away adapters than several extra specialize cords.

I agree. In fact, a single adapter that can be purchased for just a few dollars will work just about anywhere in the world.

The trick is to have it on hand. If you are stuck somewhere without it you'll end up paying a lot more for it. For example, $3 from Amazon, but $30 at an airport shop.

Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.