Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead/Daylight Savings Time
RE: SleepyHead/Daylight Savings Time
Similar weirdness here. On Sunday morning after I woke up around 8, I set my DreamStation back one hour. Now:
  • All previous sessions for the past several months show as starting and finishing 1 hour earlier than they did in reality, e.g., if  went to bed at 12:15 AM and got up at 6:30 AM, Sleepyhead now says i went to bed at 11:15 PM and got up at 5:30 AM
  • However, last night's session, from after I the time back 1 hour, shows the correct times in Sleepyhead.
Any way to fix this?

Edit: Actually, it's weirder. I just noticed that the times on the graphs are changed to one hour earlier than reality, but the time display at the bottom is the correct time. In this screenshot, compare the time on the graphs where I dragged the mouse over the timeline where it says about 6 minutes past midnight (00:06), but at the bottom it says about 6 minutes past 1 AM (01:06).
 ¿Qué pasa? :Huh

[Image: Yp9cdJJ.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2017, 03:47 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: Thumbs-down-1 The missing day ...
Odd that you missed a day.

I changed mine and my wife's machines before going to bed last night and I'm not missing any days from either of them.

Now that they are on "standard" time I'll probably leave them alone in March.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2017, 11:14 PM)Sheepish Wrote: Similar weirdness here. On Sunday morning after I woke up around 8, I set my DreamStation back one hour. Now:
  • All previous sessions for the past several months show as starting and finishing 1 hour earlier than they did in reality, e.g., if  went to bed at 12:15 AM and got up at 6:30 AM, Sleepyhead now says i went to bed at 11:15 PM and got up at 5:30 AM
  • However, last night's session, from after I the time back 1 hour, shows the correct times in Sleepyhead.
Mine is the same.

If I go back to last March, the times self-correct, so I'm assuming it is because of the way the data is stored in Sleepyhead compared to the PC clock.
All of my summer data is "early" by an hour.

It doesn't really matter though....  there's no pressing need to "fix" it.  All that matters for compliance is hours and days used.  An hour, two, or even 6 hours "off" makes no difference.
Correct times are mainly helpful if you are attempting to connect an event on the chart to something that happened when you were using the machine and mentally noted the time.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2017, 12:31 AM)CB91710 Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 03:47 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: Thumbs-down-1 The missing day ...
Odd that you missed a day.

I changed mine and my wife's machines before going to bed last night and I'm not missing any days from either of them.

Now that they are on "standard" time I'll probably leave them alone in March.

I think figured out the issue. I went to bed at 4:30 a.m. and slept over the 12:00 p.m. ResMed cut-off, therefore I had a partial day recorded. When I set the clock back the next day, it wiped the partial day.  

Of course, I did not think to back-up my SD card because my computer is always backup on a daily basis. Live and learn.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2017, 12:39 AM)CB91710 Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 11:14 PM)Sheepish Wrote: Similar weirdness here. On Sunday morning after I woke up around 8, I set my DreamStation back one hour. Now:
Mine is the same.

If I go back to last March, the times self-correct, so I'm assuming it is because of the way the data is stored in Sleepyhead compared to the PC clock.
All of my summer data is "early" by an hour.

It doesn't really matter though....  there's no pressing need to "fix" it.  All that matters for compliance is hours and days used.  An hour, two, or even 6 hours "off" makes no difference.
Correct times are mainly helpful if you are attempting to connect an event on the chart to something that happened when you were using the machine and mentally noted the time.

This may not have any effect on my OSA, but it will exacerbate my OCD.  Blink
Post Reply Post Reply
>>>This may not have any effect on my OSA, but it will exacerbate my OCD. Blink<<<

Welcome to the programmers' world. There are a lot of complexities in doing time stuff, and having three (four!) different time clocks running for one piece of software --- wall clock, computer clock, and CPAP machine clock (and the oximeter clock!) --- make for lots of synchronisation issues - and they show up especially when the clocks change at spring and fall.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead has an option to correct for DST. Perhaps if change the machine time, you end up with a double correction? I think it is not very important to correct for DST on the machine, or especially to correct for travel between time-zones. The data does not change except for the time-line, which is not something I am concerned about when I review data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Found where to set SleepyHead for a DST Zone (under File | Edit Profile), and it was already checked.

[Image: fIvJyrG.png]

Unchecking it and restarting SleepyHead or then checking it again and restarting SleepyHead changes nothing -- the discrepancy is still there.

Maybe write it off to a programmer's miscalculation, but does this not gnaw at your OCD? Bug-eyed Tongue
Post Reply Post Reply
The difficulty is that the waveform data is continuous, and of the proper duration. The event flags are (evidently) time stamped by a clock which isn't changed during the session. The local wall clock time, however, is folded, or reset, back on itself (or jumped forward, in spring). The labelling of the time line gets messy visually, and horrible from a programming point of view... Finding a data plotting program that displays local time properly, even if the data is stored by UTC, may be a problem.

I vote we drop Daylight Saving Time; it would make programming so much easier.

By the way, I'm not sure if Respironics machines (which use UTC) are affected by this. I think they are.

I thought you couldn't set the time on Respironics machines, but Sheepish says he set the time on his DreamStation. Help, please!
Post Reply Post Reply
You can set the time by half hour increments on the DreamStations. You can't adjust for drift of say 15 minutes though.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 83 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 202 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 322 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 751 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  Time adjust BlueSky1958 0 417 12-10-2023, 08:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 659 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest
  Surprise using OSCAR the first time jaytee80 7 748 08-06-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: jaytee80

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.