Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead/Daylight Savings Time
RE: SleepyHead/Daylight Savings Time
Pity, there are a couple of time zones that have 15 minute time zone offsets, apparently. See: http://infiniteundo.com/post/25326999628...about-time and http://infiniteundo.com/post/25509354022...about-time for some of the problems I've been thinking about.

Those lists are too long to include here, and I'm probably the only one who cares, anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
The time adjustment is on the DreamStation is for setting time zones. It can be used to adjust for DST, but why bother? It’s not going to affect data or treatment.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good point, pupcamper; I though that might be the case.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2017, 01:30 PM)Sheepish Wrote: Maybe write it off to a programmer's miscalculation, but does this not gnaw at your OCD? Bug-eyed Tongue
So now that we are on "standard time"... seeing that the Sleepyhead summer time data is incorrect...  just leave your machine set to Standard time in the spring.
I'm betting that Sleepyhead will display the correct data based on the computer's DST setting.

Speaking of OCD...  somehow, my machine got set a full day ahead, most likely at the clinic when it was initially set up.
Set it back 6 hours every day... took 4 days to correct it.
It was a pain catching it after "6pm" on the 2nd day.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2017, 05:11 PM)pholynyk Wrote: ...

I vote we drop Daylight Saving Time; it would make programming so much easier.

You'd get my vote on getting rid of daylight savings time. Pick one or the other. I care not which, just don't make us constantly switch.

Either direction causes my sleep schedule and everything else to be out of sync for about a week. It's bad enough to have medical issues as they are, but then the fall back and spring forward time changes blast my sleep schedule. Why one may ask, does this affect me so. To that question, my grumpy body says "why not?".

Dodgy Dreaming
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is very helpful, thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 18 17 minutes ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 85 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 202 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 325 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 754 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  Time adjust BlueSky1958 0 417 12-10-2023, 08:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 663 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.