Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead Printing
SleepyHead Printing
Hello!!

I've been trying to figure out how to print to paper and save to .pdf the reports in SH 0.9.8.1-1.

Like the information that is found in the left-most column where it gives the data in the current dataset.

What I've been doing is either making a screen shot and printing it out or highlight and paste into MS Word.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead Printing
(12-16-2014, 12:44 PM)Brewskie Wrote: Hello!!

I've been trying to figure out how to print to paper and save to .pdf the reports in SH 0.9.8.1-1.

Like the information that is found in the left-most column where it gives the data in the current dataset.

What I've been doing is either making a screen shot and printing it out or highlight and paste into MS Word.

Thanks!
I print mine using Windows print function.

Post Reply Post Reply
Brewski,
Do you want to print only the pie chart and the data below it or are you asking how to print directly into a pdf file format?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2014, 05:43 PM)sgearhart Wrote: Brewski,
Do you want to print only the pie chart and the data below it or are you asking how to print directly into a pdf file format?

The answer, really, is that bot SH and ResScan are sorely lacking in the print/save areas.

There is a lot of information that could be printed out or saved as a pdf file but no easy way to get it to do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2014, 06:46 PM)Brewskie Wrote:

The answer, really, is that bot SH and ResScan are sorely lacking in the print/save areas.

There is a lot of information that could be printed out or saved as a pdf file but no easy way to get it to do that.

you mean reporting capabilty? that would be great for sure. It does allow export of raw data which someone with free cycles could certainly spend the time to create a reporting tool around Smile The cool thing about open source is that many can contribute. As for res scan, well... if the drs don't demand it, they wont spend the $ to create it
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2014, 07:49 PM)DariaVader Wrote:
(12-16-2014, 06:46 PM)Brewskie Wrote:

you mean reporting capability? that would be great for sure. It does allow export of raw data which someone with free cycles could certainly spend the time to create a reporting tool around Smile The cool thing about open source is that many can contribute. As for res scan, well... if the drs don't demand it, they wont spend the $ to create it

Yes. Reporting Smile

There seems to be so much data yet no way to get all that info to my pulmonologist so he can more easily make decisions.

Since I haven't programmed since my Univac9030 days at CalState I don't think I'll be able to help add the capabilities myself lol
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2014, 09:44 PM)Brewskie Wrote: Yes. Reporting Smile

There seems to be so much data yet no way to get all that info to my pulmonologist so he can more easily make decisions.

Since I haven't programmed since my Univac9030 days at CalState I don't think I'll be able to help add the capabilities myself lol

Awww shucks! thought we had a suckrrrr....imeanvolunteer! Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Seriously tho, you can export data to csv and import into your favorite spreadsheet software, and make a new header row that explains the existing columns. You can doll it up in excel (or whatever spreadsheet proggy) as much or as little as you like. Un-dolled, it's no harder than saving a file, then finding it and opening it with a different program.

BTW - there is a thread discussing reporting... says that feature is enabled in latest version, but not great. I had been running a very old version on linux because it was the only one already in a deb, but recently built newer from source and there it is. trying it now.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t-printing
Post Reply Post Reply
It will print any page you are on with graphs if they are on that page. Linux or mac will print to pdf natively, but with windows you can install a print to pdf driver. There are some freebies. (and of course adobe...) The statistics page is of a lower value than it might be, since if you removed your mask at all in the night, it creates a whole new session and if that session is less than 4 hrs calls you out of compliance. It doesn't know how to concatenate sessions that occur on the same date, much less spanning dates since ~ half of a night is on the next day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2014, 11:04 PM)DariaVader Wrote: It will print any page you are on with graphs if they are on that page. Linux or mac will print to pdf natively, but with windows you can install a print to pdf driver. There are some freebies. (and of course adobe...) The statistics page is of a lower value than it might be, since if you removed your mask at all in the night, it creates a whole new session and if that session is less than 4 hrs calls you out of compliance. It doesn't know how to concatenate sessions that occur on the same date, much less spanning dates since ~ half of a night is on the next day.

Hi DariaVader,
I believe you have mentioned this before, but I have not observed this behavior. I have been using SH 0.9.3 since Feb 2014, and lately done some experimenting with 0.9.8.1. In both cases, if I wake up and need to do a bio-break, I just shut off the machine, disconnect the hose, and when I come back, I reconnect and hit the start button. The next day, the data will show the break, which separates the sleep into separate sessions, but the daily stats include all the time from all sessions. I believe that compliance is checked on the daily total, not an individual session. Since starting, I have 5 nights that were marked as out of compliance (in the Overview graphs, they display in a different color), and all were less than 4 hrs total. If my SH were doing what you describe, then it would be marking most days as out of compliance, since it is common for me to have individual sessions shorter than 4 hours.

What version are you using, and on which platform?
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR. Printing Daily Reports OKernel 0 917 01-25-2022, 02:35 PM
Last Post: OKernel
  [split] OSCAR printing in landscape mode Dawnstar 1 432 11-06-2021, 09:08 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Printing Report jimchi 7 1,204 12-26-2020, 01:59 PM
  Oscar printing format changes Gulfbreezey 3 777 03-09-2020, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Gulfbreezey
Sad OSCAR printing of statistics panel incomplete Dawnstar 1 714 01-20-2020, 09:14 AM
  OSCAR - problem printing reports on Mac KSMatthew 7 1,417 09-11-2019, 02:53 PM
  Time Scale at the bottem wrong in OSCAR when printing using F12 Thomas M 0 732 05-05-2019, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Thomas M

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.