Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead vs ResScan what is different? What is preferred?
RE: SleepyHead vs ResScan what is different? What is preferred?
(04-29-2015, 09:32 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I have no clue. Like I said, I could never master it. I couldn't even figure out how to zoom in! Zonk is the expert on ResScan. Read the manual he suggested. The methods haven't changed that much, if at all.

Ohhhhhh. OK. Thank you very much. I just saw that you really had trouble getting some stuff to even display on the screen, because it was not there. WOW. That is interesting to know.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2015, 05:23 PM)BiLevel48 Wrote: Can somebody please tell me what is different about the software S/T and what was done to get to the usage statistics? I really would like to know. Thank You very much.

After launching ResScan, you are presented with a sequence of four activities.

1. Open patient (this is just you).
2. Download data.
3. Review data.
4. Reports.

My sleep doc has her technician print the report and when she greets me in her examination room she has it in her hand. It just gives her statistics like hours and days used, average AHI, percent time in large leak. She has no way of doing 3, which is "Review data" because she doesn't have the software installed on her computer and makes some foggy reference to the people running the clinic, saying "they" don't allow software to be loaded on these computers, or some such nonsense.

You can review the data at home on your computer. Compared to the experience you have doing that with SleepyHead it sucks! The only advantages to having ResScan are you can generate the same reports that your care providers are used to seeing, so that makes it easier for you to communicate with them in certain situations. The other is that you can use ResScan to verify something that SleepyHead is telling you. Verification is nice because SleepyHead, being beta software, can make mistakes and give unreliable information is some very rare circumstances, especially if you have a CPAP machine with extra features like bi-level therapy or servo ventilation.

So SleepyHead is better for reviewing your data. But it can also generate reports like ResScan does, it's just that they will have a different appearance.

You're not missing anything important by not having ResScan, but if you're like me you have a natural curiosity and will want to have and use it.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2015, 11:10 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(04-28-2015, 05:23 PM)BiLevel48 Wrote: Can somebody please tell me what is different about the software S/T and what was done to get to the usage statistics? I really would like to know. Thank You very much.

After launching ResScan, you are presented with a sequence of four activities.

1. Open patient (this is just you).
2. Download data.
3. Review data.
4. Reports.

My sleep doc has her technician print the report and when she greets me in her examination room she has it in her hand. It just gives her statistics like hours and days used, average AHI, percent time in large leak. She has no way of doing 3, which is "Review data" because she doesn't have the software installed on her computer and makes some foggy reference to the people running the clinic, saying "they" don't allow software to be loaded on these computers, or some such nonsense.

You can review the data at home on your computer. Compared to the experience you have doing that with SleepyHead it sucks! The only advantages to having ResScan are you can generate the same reports that your care providers are used to seeing, so that makes it easier for you to communicate with them in certain situations. The other is that you can use ResScan to verify something that SleepyHead is telling you. Verification is nice because SleepyHead, being beta software, can make mistakes and give unreliable information is some very rare circumstances, especially if you have a CPAP machine with extra features like bi-level therapy or servo ventilation.

So SleepyHead is better for reviewing your data. But it can also generate reports like ResScan does, it's just that they will have a different appearance.

You're not missing anything important by not having ResScan, but if you're like me you have a natural curiosity and will want to have and use it.

Ohhhhhhh. OK. WOW. So on SleepyHead I have a question. Let's pretend I am a Technician for aDr. who is seeing a patient. On SleepyHead, I want to see if he has met his 30 day compliance of usage more than 4 hours per night on 70% of those 30 nights. How would I go about seeing the overall 30 day usage statistics? And then, let's imagine that I want to hand my patient a printout of their overall Hours of usage report and essentially their average AHI. What would I do on SleepyHead for that so that I could get to the area of the overall data for my patient who wants the printout? I really really do appreciate the data that you just providedx me in your reply. It really truly did help me. A LOT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use both. My doctor gets the reports that were generated from ResScan. She did like the graphs from sleepyhead when I showed her today.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2015, 02:34 PM)AlanE Wrote: I use both. My doctor gets the reports that were generated from ResScan. She did like the graphs from sleepyhead when I showed her today.

WOW. So you tend to use both. That is interesting. I know, that some other patients have poste4d on here that they use both so that they can verify what one software is saying with the other software. That is actually very interesting.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2015, 03:49 AM)BiLevel48 Wrote: So on SleepyHead I have a question. Let's pretend I am a Technician for aDr. who is seeing a patient. On SleepyHead, I want to see if he has met his 30 day compliance of usage more than 4 hours per night on 70% of those 30 nights. How would I go about seeing the overall 30 day usage statistics? And then, let's imagine that I want to hand my patient a printout of their overall Hours of usage report and essentially their average AHI. What would I do on SleepyHead for that so that I could get to the area of the overall data for my patient who wants the printout?

Please ask these question in the SleepyHead forum.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...3#pid72963

We are trying to keep all discussions in that one thread so it's easier for people to find information.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2015, 12:24 AM)Sleepster Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 03:49 AM)BiLevel48 Wrote: So on SleepyHead I have a question. Let's pretend I am a Technician for aDr. who is seeing a patient. On SleepyHead, I want to see if he has met his 30 day compliance of usage more than 4 hours per night on 70% of those 30 nights. How would I go about seeing the overall 30 day usage statistics? And then, let's imagine that I want to hand my patient a printout of their overall Hours of usage report and essentially their average AHI. What would I do on SleepyHead for that so that I could get to the area of the overall data for my patient who wants the printout?

Please ask these question in the SleepyHead forum.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...3#pid72963

We are trying to keep all discussions in that one thread so it's easier for people to find information.
Ohhhhh. OK. If I have any further questions in regards to SleepyHead, I will ask them in that areal. Now what about ResScan? Can I ask ResScan software questions in that area? Being that it is where SleepyHead was discussed, I do not want to get things all messed up by asking questions in regards to ResScan and then it be a mess. Right now, I personally feel that things have been well organized in that forum post. It has been VERY well maintained.
Post Reply Post Reply
All I asked is that you use the SH thread to ask questions about SH.

Otherwise, you can just continue as before.

Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2015, 10:17 PM)Sleepster Wrote: All I asked is that you use the SH thread to ask questions about SH.

Otherwise, you can just continue as before.

Sure. I will remember that whenever I need to ask questions in the regards to SleepyHead software, I will use that thread. Smile Smile Smile Smile I will be keeping that link in easy reach, so I do not forget it whenever I do have a question in regards to SleepyHead software.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a stickie, meaning the thread is always there at the top of the list in a group called "Important Threads". I was under the impression that you wanted answers to the questions I quoted in Post #16, so I suggested you ask them in that thread. So ... ask them in that thread.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 225 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,489 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 228 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 454 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 589 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,941 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 628 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.