Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead
Sleepyhead
When I import the SD card does it delete the data off the card or does it leave it intact for when I go see my Dr?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead
Hi YoGuRt99b and WELCOME!.!to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead will never delete or modify data on the SD card.

If you're worried, slide the tab on the card to the "lock" position before you put it in the computer, but be sure to unlock it before you put it back into the CPAP.

If you have a Mac, the Mac itself may write some files to the card even if you don't use SH. Because of some design flaws in the S9 firmware, this may make the S9 machine refuse to use the card unless it reformats it first.

On Windows PCs, some people have had viruses write a file to the SD card and cause problems with S9 machines. There might be some legitimate programs or mistakes you can make that would write to the card and cause problems on S9 machines. For instance, my PC sometimes offers to "scan and correct errors" on my S9 card. If I said "yes", it would probably screw the card up for working in the S9 machine.

If you slide the little tab to the "lock" position before putting it into your computer, the computer won't write data to the card, even if you do something wrong or put it into a Mac. You need to remember to put the tab back into the unlock position before you put it back into the CPAP or it will miss some of the data. The machine will still remember the most important info such as "compliance" data and write it to the card once you unlock it.

I have never had a problem with my Windows machine messing with the card, and never bother with the lock tab.

Even if you trash the SD card, the machine should remember the most important data the doctor will need. Unless you damage it right before the trip to the doctor, it probably won't matter that much. The doctor is unlikely to look at the detailed data for anything other than the last few days before a visit.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thank you very mush. Thats what I thought Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2012, 09:58 AM)archangle Wrote: If you slide the little tab to the "lock" position before putting it into your computer, the computer won't write data to the card, even if you do something wrong or put it into a Mac. You need to remember to put the tab back into the unlock position before you put it back into the CPAP or it will miss some of the data.

For reference, from this Wiki Article, here's a pic of what Arch is talking about:

Quote:[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]

Card Locking Feature

On most SD memory cards, there is a sliding "lock" on the left side of the card. When moved downward to the "lock" position, data can be read from the card, but new data cannot be written to the card. When moved up to the "unlocked" position, data can be either read or written to the card. When used in conjunction with a data-recording CPAP machine, it is important to make certain that the SD card remains in the "unlocked" position so the machine can record patient data to the memory card.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.