Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Software
RE: Sleepyhead Software
My sleep study was done in April 2011. I have used a CPAP since then faithfully. I have only slept for 2 hours at a time for over 7 years. I am not sure what to do about waking up like that. The sleep study said I did not go into REM sleep. They had me take some medication that could have affected that (not sure if it did or not). I haven't downloaded the results after Sept. 1 yet but will today (Sunday Sept. 8). Thank you for your answer. When I look at the graphs, etc. I couldn't tell what they meant (can't find the codes for what the colors stand for, etc.). Thanks again.
Smile 
(09-01-2013, 10:55 AM)Sleepster Wrote: I think that ResMed machines store detailed data for only a short amount of time, like a week or something like that. So if you don't download it you lose it.

My ResMed S8 machine stored detailed data for 5 days. After many years with that machine, I now have an S9 machine, but I have only used it for two days. I will let you know how long it stores detailed data. I am not sure that the detailed data is all that important over the long term, although it is interesting over the short term. I let months go by without constantly checking the detailed data, and I did not feel bereft!

Bob
Bob
(11-22-2013, 09:36 PM)rgmichel Wrote:
(09-01-2013, 10:55 AM)Sleepster Wrote: I think that ResMed machines store detailed data for only a short amount of time, like a week or something like that. So if you don't download it you lose it.

My ResMed S8 machine stored detailed data for 5 days. After many years with that machine, I now have an S9 machine, but I have only used it for two days. I will let you know how long it stores detailed data. I am not sure that the detailed data is all that important over the long term, although it is interesting over the short term. I let months go by without constantly checking the detailed data, and I did not feel bereft!

Bob
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html
Welcome

Thanks for the welcome!

Bob
When I downloaded my data to SleepyHead, i noted that the first 10 months of data is missing. During the first few months, my DME company mailed me a new SD card monthly with a return envelope to send the card back that was in my machine. They said they had to report data to my doctor and insurance for compliance checks. I can only assume that the missing data was erased by my DME company during one of these checks.
(11-22-2013, 10:32 PM)Donna Wrote: They said they had to report data to my doctor and insurance for compliance checks. I can only assume that the missing data was erased by my DME company during one of these checks.
My new machine has a wireless transmitter that sends data for my insurance company to use. Boy, I can't help being uncomfortable about that. Talk about 1984!

rgmichel, no privacy anymore! Once your data hits Cyberspace or even insurance companies for that matter, Lord only knows who all has access to it! Thinking-about
(11-22-2013, 09:36 PM)rgmichel Wrote: I let months go by without constantly checking the detailed data, and I did not feel bereft!

That's the thing. The data disappears if you don't download it every week.

I download mine monthly and it's always there for me.

I think long term averages are important.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
All it sends is the data from the machine over the cellular network. My guess is they do this once a month. The data collected is very small size wise so would not be much of a data burst.

The ResMed S9 machine writes detailed data to the card each night. That detailed data is kept on the card for the most recent 7 days and includes: flow rate, pressure, leak, resp. rate, AHI, flow limit, mask pressure, snore, tidal volume, min. vent, insp. time, exp. time.

After 7 days, the machine loses some of the finer details of the graphs for some of the date and drops the flow rate completely.

After day 30, the only data left is compliance data.

So if you have the card in there for 45 days and do not download, when you put it into SleepyHead, you will have 7 days of good data, 23 more days of decent data but not flow rate, and 15 days of nothing (SH will just have the bouncing "no data" box).

As for the missing data, if you put the card back in the machine, it should rewrite it back on there. The only time data is truly gone and unrecoverable is if you do not have the card in there during a night of use. Then all you get is compliance hours. This is for ResMed. Not sure what happens with Respironics.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(11-22-2013, 11:08 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: ... ResMed S9 machine writes detailed data to the card each night. .... detailed data is kept on the card for the most recent 7 days ....
After day 30, the only data left [are] compliance data.
This is interesting, as it is different from the S8 machines, which only kept 5 days of detail data, but six months of summary data. I don't think the details are that useful over the long term. The short term details might be useful to see what is going on when testing a couple of masks, or varying pressure, but over the long term everything should be fairly stable, so why would you need the details, apart from the satisfaction of knowing that you have it?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 621 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,007 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,186 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,101 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 685 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.