Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead and Mac issue
Sleepyhead and Mac issue
Hi,
Firstly I would like to thank Jed for this brilliant software and all the hard work.

I've come across an issue that is fortunately solvable.

I use Mac OSX and just got a new computer. The software was working fine until I downloaded it on to my new Mac, when every time I tried to import data from the SD card the program 'quit unexpectedly'.

After a bit of checking it seems like the version for download on the Apnea board site is 9.6 is the buggy one. I went to sourceforge and downloaded V 9.8:1 and it works just fine.

So the software has been updated to run smoothly on the latest version but the version on Apnea Board is causing problems.

I'm not a computer buff, but I am fortunate that I was able to see why I couldn't get the SleepyHead program to work.

I hope this helps

D
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead and Mac issue
Eurika,

I used the link on the board to go out to Sleep Forge. I downloaded the latest version (which incidentally is a test version 0.9.8.1) and installed it. I had to reload by card, but everything loaded fine and without any issues.

BTW, I am on a late 2007 iMac with 4 gb ram and running OS 10.10 (Yosemite).

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2014, 07:47 PM)Eurika Wrote: Hi,
Firstly I would like to thank Jed for this brilliant software and all the hard work.

I've come across an issue that is fortunately solvable.

I use Mac OSX and just got a new computer. The software was working fine until I downloaded it on to my new Mac, when every time I tried to import data from the SD card the program 'quit unexpectedly'.

After a bit of checking it seems like the version for download on the Apnea board site is 9.6 is the buggy one. I went to sourceforge and downloaded V 9.8:1 and it works just fine.

So the software has been updated to run smoothly on the latest version but the version on Apnea Board is causing problems.

I'm not a computer buff, but I am fortunate that I was able to see why I couldn't get the SleepyHead program to work.

I hope this helps

D

Hi Eurika,
I believe that the 0.9.6 version that is linked to thru Apnea Board is a Beta release, which was made available back in June. The 0.9.8 package is still a Testing version, generated in early October, not an actual Beta release yet.

I had my own issues with 0.9.6 which seem to be resolved by updating to 0.9.8-1, so I will be glad when JediMark / Mark Watkins decides to do the next release. Also, I believe that 0.9.8-1 is the only available build that includes support for the recently-released ResMed Airsense series of machines (among others).

Good Luck on your journey.

Later edit: 0.9.8-1 is the first available build that includes support for the recently-released ResMed Airsense series. This would explain why 0.9.6 would crash when attempting to import your data.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
I'm useing the Airsense 10 Auto and on version 9.6 the Sleepyhead software would crash every time I tried to import data from the SD card.

Does anyone know if the new Mac version will be able to import oximetry data?

Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using SleepyHead V0.9.8-1 (which I think is currently the most recent). I downloaded this software to be able to interface a pulse oximeter I just bought (CMS50D) with my mac (Yosemite 10.10.3). And when I try to import the oximeter data, I am getting the "quit unexpectedly" message ALMOST every time.

The only way I can successfully import data is to delete my copy of SleepyHead and install a new copy of the software from the disk image. When I run the new copy, it asks me if I'm sure I want to open this application that was downloaded from the internet, and I say yes - and then it works.

The next time I run SleepyHead, it does not ask again about the software - just runs it, and then it dies when I attempt to import oximeter data.

I've tried using xattr -d command, successfully removing the com.apple.qarantine attribute, but this has no effect.

At least, my data is not lost and there is a workaround, but this is highly annoying. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.

-JJ
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm having the same exact problem.

(06-04-2015, 02:38 PM)jj5406 Wrote: I am using SleepyHead V0.9.8-1 (which I think is currently the most recent). I downloaded this software to be able to interface a pulse oximeter I just bought (CMS50D) with my mac (Yosemite 10.10.3). And when I try to import the oximeter data, I am getting the "quit unexpectedly" message ALMOST every time.

The only way I can successfully import data is to delete my copy of SleepyHead and install a new copy of the software from the disk image. When I run the new copy, it asks me if I'm sure I want to open this application that was downloaded from the internet, and I say yes - and then it works.

The next time I run SleepyHead, it does not ask again about the software - just runs it, and then it dies when I attempt to import oximeter data.

I've tried using xattr -d command, successfully removing the com.apple.qarantine attribute, but this has no effect.

At least, my data is not lost and there is a workaround, but this is highly annoying. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.

-JJ

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2014, 06:57 PM)Eurika Wrote: Hi
I'm useing the Airsense 10 Auto and on version 9.6 the Sleepyhead software would crash every time I tried to import data from the SD card.

Does anyone know if the new Mac version will be able to import oximetry data?

I'm using the new Mac version and CANNOT import oximetry data from a CMS-50E Sad Crashes every time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2015, 10:25 AM)JudyNight Wrote: I'm having the same exact problem.
SleepyHead support ResMed S9 and AirSesne 10, the machine in your profile "ResMed EliteII". The name suggest its an S8, if correct, Sleepyhead does not support S8. Also the name 'ResMed Elite II' is not a mask make & model

Sorry, late in reply, better late than never

Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 293 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Issue: Oscar imported session partially alexroz 3 557 11-04-2023, 04:15 AM
Last Post: alexroz
  IBreeze import issue Gideon 4 591 10-23-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Issue scrolling left and right on a Mac McDonald 6 932 09-26-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: dhuck
  Small unicode and parse issue in 1.5.0 clan 0 373 09-24-2023, 03:13 AM
Last Post: clan
  User-interface issue jwest 6 652 07-29-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: jwest
  Oscar Issue(s) Trevor G 7 779 05-21-2023, 05:21 PM
Last Post: kappa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.