Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead install
Sleepyhead install
Hello,
I have been trying to install Sleepyhead this morning as you guys have already taught me that the more I know about what is going on the better I will be in the future.
I am having a problem downloading the software and have tried the "manual" that we have available to us on the forum, YouTube and anywhere else I could look. The problem is that I am not very good with computers so please keep it simple for me.
I completed the download and tried to run the program but it just kept taking me back to the downloaded folder that I have unzipped but there is no executable file. All I can find is a lot of .dll files and five folders (containing more .dll files):
imageformats
platforms
printsupport
sqldrivers
Translation
Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks for the help.
Don
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead install
Hi Everyone,
I finally figured it out so no need to respond. I was looking for .exe files when I should have been looking for the file ending in openGL.
Anyway now just have to figure how to get the info onto the forum for people to see.
Thanks,
Don

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison

Post Reply Post Reply
Okay are you a windows user? or MAC?
If windows:
I assume you are using file explorer to see the folders you listed?
If you are seeing those folders on the right pane of file explorer, right below them you should see a whole bunch of file names all be 2 of which are DLL's
there should also be "sleepyhead-openGL.exe" and "sleepyhead-brokenGL.exe"
The brokenGL one is for older computers where the plain openGL one does not work, so try the plain openGL one first

You may or may not be seeing the ".exe" at the end of those files, but both names are unique and will install sleephead
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL in the time it took for me to type, you figured it out. Good on you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2015, 10:56 AM)PoolQ Wrote: Okay are you a windows user? or MAC?
If windows:
I assume you are using file explorer to see the folders you listed?
If you are seeing those folders on the right pane of file explorer, right below them you should see a whole bunch of file names all be 2 of which are DLL's
there should also be "sleepyhead-openGL.exe" and "sleepyhead-brokenGL.exe"
The brokenGL one is for older computers where the plain openGL one does not work, so try the plain openGL one first

You may or may not be seeing the ".exe" at the end of those files, but both names are unique and will install sleephead

Thankyou PoolQ. as you can see I had just figured that out. Sorry for the wasted effort but perhaps you can help with something else. I am making screenshots using F12 of my SleepyHeads statistics page but cannot get it to show on a forum response. It shows a thumnail which leads to nothing when I have seen others with the pages showing on their entry.
If you can help I would be grateful.
Don

Thomas A. Edison

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

It does end in EXE but by default Windows hides extensions for known file types. This is why you don't see .exe

[Image: shexe.PNG]

Good luck. A tip with Sleepyhead if you want to take a screen shot: if you have dual monitors make sure Sleepyhead is on the left monitor (or whichever is display #1).

When you need to take a screenshot you can press this sequence: F11, F12, F11.
F11 will make SH full screen and F12 will take a screenshot. F11 returns SH back to what you had it.

By default, SH stores screenshots here:
C:\Users\<yourname>\Documents\SleepyHeadData-Testing\Screenshots

If SH is on monitor #2 and not full screen you will get a weird line. If it is full screen you will take a nice screenshot of monitor #1. Smile
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
You'll need at least 8 posts before you can post a picture.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
DomC,
Here is a link to help you

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-How-to-HOW-DO-I
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2015, 10:50 AM)DonC Wrote: Anyway now just have to figure how to get the info onto the forum for people to see.
Thanks,
Don

Don, as a brand new member, you can use the attachment feature to attach a pic to your post, new members are limited to 200 kb attachment sizes, once you transition to a standard "member" (after 8 posts), that will go up to a 512 kb attachment size limit.

Or (at the point you transition to a regular member (after 8 posts), you can upload your images elsewhere on the web and link to them in your post either as a direct link or an embedded image (instructions here).

If you prefer not to wait until you get to 8 posts, you can always send me a Private Message (PM) with the links to your images and let me know what post you'd like them inserted into and I can do that, no problem.

Hope this helps and welcome to Apnea Board! Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everybody,
This is post 8 (I understand there was a way for me to post information before but this increases what I can do) so I am ready to put the information together and ask for help. I will start a new thread and look for advice.
Don

Thomas A. Edison

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 49 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,388 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 740 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  Can't install Oscar. Ficklid22 14 1,576 11-13-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How To install prisma ts software ? Amir Eid 11 8,222 05-26-2023, 02:06 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Unable to install Oscar on ubuntu 22.04 BrassCat 2 781 05-17-2023, 07:19 PM
Last Post: BrassCat
Question Can't install the Prisma Software on Win11 Budgie 0 653 01-15-2023, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Budgie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.