Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead not displaying serious apneas
Sleepyhead not displaying serious apneas
Hi I download sleepyhead because I wanted to see what was going on as I have been having some pretty heavy sleep onset apneas which I thought might be central sleep apnea. I tend to have 3 or 4 which must be quite long as it takes me a few seconds to start breathing again when awake. In the historical records of the machine on sleepyhead I can see a few events here and there when I have been going to sleep but since I downloaded the software, a few days ago and I know that I have had events, no events are showing. Last night I think I had two falling asleep and at about 3 o'clock this morning I had an apnea that woke me up out of breath, in this case because my nasal cavities were blocked as I had developed a cold ( I switched to my full face mask). This event also did not show up. Obstructive apneas and hypopneas are showing from time to time but I am not sure I trust the data recording now. My AHI is consistently about 1.0 but I often don't feel rested.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead not displaying serious apneas
you can zoom in on the flow chart and see each breath, to be a oa or h, the event must last 10 sec or more.
In the signature of some people there are instructions to how to set out a sleepyhead chart.
From the way you set up the chart, there isn't a lot that can be said. It appears you need the min pressure raised
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response, I have been through a tutorial to read the charts and have zoomed in to see whats going on with the flow rate. However, I maintain my original point. Ive attached the flow rate chart for when I woke up gasping for air, my head deoxygenated. There is no apnea recorded.

[attachment=3945]

It takes more than 10 seconds not breathing to be in the state I was in. I dont think I have a problem interpreting the charts, if what is happening to me is not an apnea (10 seconds of not breathing), then what could it be? If it is an apnea, why is the machine not interpreting it as such?
Post Reply Post Reply
Like ajack said you need to  post results. Sleepyhead has much more detail that shows what's going on.

Not that I question your ability to read results but sometimes an extra pair of experienced eyes will help spot something you miss.

But without the data needed it's pretty hard to help you out.

Below are the links for arranging and posting the charts.

Good luck and Welcome to the Board.   Welcome
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah OK, I misunderstood what Ajack was saying. I thought he/she was trying to point me in the direction of how to read the charts. Ill follow the links and take it from there. Thanks all for the support its much appreciated. My local sleep unit never returns calls and doctors appointments have a 3 week waiting list.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems Ive only got an attachment limit of 200kb which doesnt allow for many screenshots

[attachment=3946]
Post Reply Post Reply
edmp, You need four posts before you can post more. You just got your 4th so you should be able to post more going forward.

In future charts if you could turn off the pie chart it would help. Also if you would select the large thumbnail it presents a larger chart and is easier to read.

To answer your question about missing events. You have a lot of large leaks going on. When this happens the machine can't see the events.

This may not be the answer but it's worth looking into.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Walla Walla, thanks for the info. I have a nasal mask and a full face mask. I normally do with the nasal but last night I developed a blocked nose so switched in the middle of the night, I also have a deviated septum which doesnt help. I find the full face mask always leaks a lot when I use it. Sorry that screenshot is not really representative. Ill post some more when I have some more 'credit' which is hopefully now!
Post Reply Post Reply
edmp,
It is better to use an outside source like imgur to upload data.

Follow the tutorials in my signature line. Pay attention to the organization of the screenshot.
We need to see the following graphs: events, flow rate, pressure, leak rate, snore.
Leave off the pie chart and calendar, and everything will fit.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
most use https://imgur.com/ even after enough posts to link, you there is a total limit on site uploads
I would raise the min to 10.5 or 11. also post the tidal volume chart in the zoomed in section,
when you are trouble shooting, a full face mask removes a variable of mouth breathing and such
The link in my signature and YouTube videos may help with mask fitting
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 156 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  OSCAR only displaying most resent season from import Nacown 4 555 01-04-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Nacown
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 593 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB
  OSCAR 1.40 not displaying after importing data Roy289 1 411 02-08-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  Determining apneas that would have occurred without therapy alanmw 5 674 09-24-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar not displaying CA BillHD28 7 1,126 10-23-2020, 09:38 AM
Last Post: BillHD28
  Pressure not always displaying in Overview Scarmen 22 2,625 04-29-2020, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Scarmen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.