Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Slightly paranoid about the Modem in my Philips machine
Slightly paranoid about the Modem in my Philips machine
just curious, actually, there is a modem on my Philips Dreamstation APAP machine... does the machine call the mothership on a set schedule or is that an "On Demand Only" basis....?

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Slightly paranoid about the Modem in my Philips machine
Hi,

According to the machine user guide, the modem sends compliance data to the Mothership after the end of a session of use. It can be manually sent as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Give it a while and it will finally die. Too-funny My wife has been through 4 modems in 2 years and no one has ever been able to read any of her machines. She just got machine #3 this week and they have only been able to see it once. She does show max bars on the cellular signal strength.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both! I was just curious. I guess the greater take away here is that I should read the User's manual a little more carefully..... (love the Avatar Homer).
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless you count on your DME to do your CPAP reporting for you, you can just remove the modem and use OSCAR and/or DreamMapper (though that only works with an internet connection so it's also phoning home to Philips) and/or the readouts on your DreamStation itself if you've enabled that in the clinician settings.

That's what I've done; just pulled it and left it in a drawer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some Doctors and DME’s will connect to the modem and check for compliance.

Unless you have to prove that you are compliant with usage in order for insurance to cover your machine, I would just remove it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've pulled mine and tossed it. If anyone wants my info, they can get it from me with my permission.
Post Reply Post Reply
We're keeping the modem in wife's machine until we get her settings straightened out. Her doctor still can't access the machine but our DME can. We have had the doctor send a new script to the DME to reset the machine and 3 weeks later she sends stuff that doesn't make sense. We are in the process of swapping doctors as we have lost all faith in her current one. 2-3 weeks to get a response back from either her or her office, all calls go directly to voicemail even when trying to schedule an appointment. New doctor has done a fellowship and internship at the Mayo Clinic in sleep studies. Hopefully we can get my wife on track.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,819 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,034 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,063 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,599 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,122 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.