Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro
Cool 
Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro
Figured I couldn't keep waiting for Philips to fix the Dreamstation Gos in the recall and I took advantage of recent sales on a Transcend Micro... and ended up going on a quest to compact my travel CPAP setup as far as I could go. Introducing...

[Image: FxfPfeHXgAIPmCJ?format=jpg&name=large]

... this. It's an extremely tiny setup perfect for my backpack when I'm traveling light.

The main things were replacing the (still tiny, but bulky) AC adapter that came with the Micro. Transcend officially says it's a 19V brick, and their P4/P8 batteries that power it run at 14.8V into this thing as well. We're (basically) within the window of USB-C Power Delivery here.

The usual getting spots online can find you a USB-C to 20V 6.5x4.4mm right-angle barrel jack (mine said it was for Sony laptops) cable. Combine that with an ultra-small USB-C Power Delivery brick for a laptop (like this Anker GaNPrime 65W) and you have... well, as small as you go before you go towards shrinking the hose or shrinking the mask.

(Bonus: get a USB-C PD laptop battery bank and you're basically golden for battery power.)

For me -- a Sleepweaver Anew full-face works fairly well in my situation with an acceptable amount of leak and makes it an even tighter packing.

So far this entire setup has worked so fantastic on its first multi-day long weekend trip and I don't think I could go back to my Dreamstation Go after this... hell, all of this almost packs into the Dreamstation Go's footprint!
meow, I'm a bobcat.

@home: DS1 Auto, F&P HC150, Dreamwear FullFace
@travel: Transcend Micro, USB-C PD cable, Anker GaNPrime 65W brick, Sleepweaver Anew -- all in a dopp bag
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro
Great suggestions.  HAve you configured access to the Clinician Manual? and could you upload it to Apnea Board?  or publish how to access? I would like to change pressures from their settings 5-15, ramp 4cm in 5 min.  Thanks.

Hope UR OK with all the flooding.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this setup working for you? I tried this out with a 20v trigger cable with adapter, and a 65w charger. My Transcend Micro turns on and runs but pressure seems lower, and cpap will occasionally reboot/restart. I even tried a second charger but didn't make a difference. I dont think the chargers like being forced to output only 20v. Just a guess though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2023, 07:26 PM)kotaKat Wrote: ...Transcend officially says it's a 19V brick, and their P4/P8 batteries that power it run at 14.8V into this thing as well. We're (basically) within the window of USB-C Power Delivery here.

The usual getting spots online can find you a USB-C to 20V 6.5x4.4mm right-angle barrel jack (mine said it was for Sony laptops) cable. Combine that with an ultra-small USB-C Power Delivery brick for a laptop (like this Anker GaNPrime 65W) and you have... well, as small as you go before you go towards shrinking the hose or shrinking the mask.

(Bonus: get a USB-C PD laptop battery bank and you're basically golden for battery power.)
Also curious if you got this up and running. Using my Transcend Micro of my campers inverter uses a lot of battery. Wish I had researched 12V options before buying though I am otherwise really happy with the device.
I sourced the right USB-C cable. Will this run off a USB-C PD power bank as you mentioned?
TIA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thinking this battery may work
Anker 537(can't share links yet) based out the USB C outputs volts/amps
Post Reply Post Reply
Got it to work with a 19v cable,like OP. Anker charge block and Anker battery both worked. Lower voltage cable did not work despite OEM using it with their system
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Travel ResMed recommendations PinehillJoe 11 254 04-19-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,239 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  Is there a quiet travel CPAP? mcman56 1 109 04-15-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 329 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,928 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 773 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 6,378 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.