Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Smart Med iBreeze Range of Cpap Machines
RE: Smart Med iBreeze Range of Cpap Machines
Hi Walla Walla, 

It provides a complete data download of AHI, Leak, Compliance, Minute Ventilation, Pressure both detailed and summery......
Post Reply Post Reply
The SmartMed iBreeze Auto seems like an over-priced Resmed knock off that costs more in Australia than the minimum advertised price for an actual Resmed Auto does in the US. Probably a great deal for the profits of the DME selling them. They look to be a cosmetic variant of the Chinese Moyeah Auto CPAP which you can buy with a mask and an included wireless pulse OX that transmits to the machine for under 500$ at the Moyeah store on the interwebs. (Or without the wireless pulse ox, but still with a mask for $400.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2018, 01:16 AM)Stom Wrote: The SmartMed iBreeze Auto seems like an over-priced Resmed knock off that costs more in Australia than the minimum advertised price for an actual Resmed Auto does in the US. Probably a great deal for the profits of the DME selling them. They look to be a cosmetic variant of the Chinese Moyeah Auto CPAP which you can buy with a mask and an included wireless pulse OX that transmits to the machine for under 500$ at the Moyeah store on the interwebs. (Or without the wireless pulse ox, but still with a mask for $400.)

There's a TGA (therapeutic goods) cost in Australia, the Device need to have the quality standards to pass certain requirements before being able to be retailed in Australia.  The iBreeze APAP is around $1295 and CPAP for $900 with 5 years replacment warranty in most places in Australia.  Moyeah is also manufactured by Resvent however that model is a cheaper version and wouldn't pass TGA, I wonder if Moyeah provides the same warranty?  Regarding ResMed all their devices that are retailed in US are made in Singapore not Australia, again the quality control is set high in Australia.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2018, 02:34 AM)SmartMed Wrote: There's a TGA (therapeutic goods) cost in Australia, the Device need to have the quality standards to pass certain requirements before being able to be retailed in Australia.  The iBreeze APAP is around $1295 and CPAP for $900 with 5 years replacment warranty in most places in Australia.  Moyeah is also manufactured by Resvent however that model is a cheaper version and wouldn't pass TGA, I wonder if Moyeah provides the same warranty?  Regarding ResMed all their devices that are retailed in US are made in Singapore not Australia, again the quality control is set high in Australia.

I've got no idea if the Airsense 10 Autosets sold in Australia are objectively higher quality than the USA version. I'd hate to think we are getting a demonstrably worse version. What do you think is different between the two machines besides the cellular component? Different motor and circuit board? Different discrete components? Different QA process for each unit? Are the *parts* actually different? Is there an actual, measured mean time to failure difference between two to models? It's definitely possible...but even being made in different countries they may be exactly the same other than the cell phone frequencies or some such.

The US ResMed units come with a 2 year warranty, with some DMEs offering extended warranties (Apria offers 4 years total for Kaiser patients). If the Australian version are required to have a longer standard warranty, that could justify some of the cost differences. And, of course regulatory compliance costs. But some differences in price between countries are just 100% arbitrary. It's really hard for me to know without a much deeper understanding of the markets than I have.

The Moyeah comes with a 1 year warranty - not a lot of confidence in quality is shown by a 1 year warranty. And good luck getting it serviced under that warranty without an in-country distributor. Sending it back to China would seem a very slow and expensive way of getting a warranty repair. (Edit: their sales site lists a US address...so warranty repairs in the US without having to ship to China might be possible, but without confirmation I wouldn't count on it.) So there definitely is a big advantage in having a local distributor and a 5 year warranty for the SmartMed. But the not-inexpensive iBreeze APAP is still probably the same machine with cosmetic variations as the inexpensive $400 USD Moyeah in terms of features and functionality.

Tell us what actual, concrete functional and qualitative differences there are between the SmartMed branded iBreeze and the Moyha models - not just regulatory approval or length of warranty, but actual differences in manufacturing and quality assurances for each device.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2018, 10:00 AM)Stom Wrote:
(07-19-2018, 02:34 AM)SmartMed Wrote: There's a TGA (therapeutic goods) cost in Australia, the Device need to have the quality standards to pass certain requirements before being able to be retailed in Australia.  The iBreeze APAP is around $1295 and CPAP for $900 with 5 years replacment warranty in most places in Australia.  Moyeah is also manufactured by Resvent however that model is a cheaper version and wouldn't pass TGA, I wonder if Moyeah provides the same warranty?  Regarding ResMed all their devices that are retailed in US are made in Singapore not Australia, again the quality control is set high in Australia.

I've got no idea if the Airsense 10 Autosets sold in Australia are objectively higher quality than the USA version. I'd hate to think we are getting a demonstrably worse version. What do you think is different between the two machines besides the cellular component? Different motor and circuit board? Different discrete components? Different QA process for each unit? Are the *parts* actually different? Is there an actual, measured mean time to failure difference between two to models? It's definitely possible...but even being made in different countries they may be exactly the same other than the cell phone frequencies or some such.

The US ResMed units come with a 2 year warranty, with some DMEs offering extended warranties (Apria offers 4 years total for Kaiser patients). If the Australian version are required to have a longer standard warranty, that could justify some of the cost differences. And, of course regulatory compliance costs. But some differences in price between countries are just 100% arbitrary. It's really hard for me to know without a much deeper understanding of the markets than I have.

The Moyeah comes with a 1 year warranty - not a lot of confidence in quality is shown by a 1 year warranty. And good luck getting it serviced under that warranty without an in-country distributor. Sending it back to China would seem a very slow and expensive way of getting a warranty repair. (Edit: their sales site lists a US address...so warranty repairs in the US without having to ship to China might be possible, but without confirmation I wouldn't count on it.) So there definitely is a big advantage in having a local distributor and a 5 year warranty for the SmartMed. But the not-inexpensive iBreeze APAP is still probably the same machine with cosmetic variations as the inexpensive $400 USD Moyeah in terms of features and functionality.

Tell us what actual, concrete functional and qualitative differences there are between the SmartMed branded iBreeze and the Moyha models - not just regulatory approval or length of warranty, but actual differences in manufacturing and quality assurances for each device.

ResMed in Australia provides 2 yrs manufacturer and 3 years extended warranty for $150Aus,  takes it to 5 yrs. I am unable to answer your question on the difference in quality between Australian made ResMed and Singapore made devices, however I've been aware that they can't obtain TGA approval for the Singapore devices to retail in Australia, or else they would move 100% of production over due to much lower production cost. 

Regarding functional and quality points for iBreeze that got it approved in Australia - Any PAP device must have a calibration function, for the 95th%ile pressure accuracy,  MV (minute ventilation) control, VT (tidal volume) control, including IPAP and EPAP accuracy on relief pressure. Therefore the blower motherboard control is more complex, it also has Bluetooth and wireless modem builtin for remote monitoring and remote prescription change.   
-iBreeze APAPW has 4 different algorithms for sensitive patients to patients who like to have faster rise time Ti in terms of treatment. 
-iBreeze CPAP fixed version has a function that patient's can be set on APAP for a chosen period of time on APAP and it automatically calculates the 95th%ile pressure and set's it on fix pressure ( this is for certain cardiac patients who're not to use APAP)  therefore it enables remote titration. 
-iBreeze also has a BPAP range STA which is very complex for COPD Patients and patients who retain CO2 for various morbidity reasons.  The BPAP's are just a different ball game and once a manufacturer has developed one you know that they know their equipment well...... BPAP come with 5" touch screen panel and the IPAP can be raised to 30cm ....... other major brand's have their ST mode to 25cm and you have to pay couple of grand to have the 30cm version.......

iBreeze has a iMatrix software integration including a cloud base software integration, a Smart Sleep App that can work as message centre between the provider and the patient.

ResMed BiLevel STA retails at $8000 in Australia and iBreeze BPAP @ $3000.....

Moyeah is a very basic version that probably cost next to nothing to produce. don't have the cloud base software integration nor any of the versions and functionalities mentioned above, it's only a straight APAP with 1 year warranty.  

In Terms of quality, around 1000 units sold in Australia since January 2017, and 2 devices were replaced under warranty till today. 

Thanks.....
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2018, 12:10 PM)SmartMed Wrote: ResMed BiLevel STA retails at $8000 in Australia and iBreeze BPAP @ $3000.....

Thanks for the info.

The SmartMed is labeled the "ST-A" and the Moyah is labeled "T-25A". Resvent offers BiPaps with various modes, including 25S, 25A, 25ST, 25STA, 30ST, 30STA, Tech." Are you saying the Smart Med is selling the 30STA capable version as their one and only BiPap? I only see one listing for a BiPap and the description is rather inadequate when it comes to details.

(07-19-2018, 12:10 PM)SmartMed Wrote: Moyeah is a very basic version that probably cost next to nothing to produce. don't have the cloud base software integration nor any of the versions and functionalities mentioned above, it's only a straight APAP with 1 year warranty.  

That doesn't seem accurate for the APAPs. The Moyah APAPs are not bricks. While I could imagine a possible production line quality difference between Resvent's in-house brand iBreeze and a white label product lines like the Moyah, the feature set doesn't seem to be diminished at all. Moyah definitely offers cloud integration. The plus model has and SD card, WiFi and bluetooth.

From Moyeah's website:
"MOYEAH iBreath auto cpap Machine Plus comes with built in wifi technology that seamlessly connects to moyeah new cloud-based management system called Moyeah Care App. You can search the app from Apple store or Android market by “moyeah”. Moyeah Care offers the capability to change the device settings and troubleshoot remotely. With this feature, the doctor and patient common therapy questions can be resolved in minutes from internet."

Moyah's line up includes the $500 plus model described above that includes an included wireless bluetooth pulse ox monitor that has a wrist display and also writes to the machine's data (an extra that costs an additional $900USD for a wired version on a ResMed)

It sounds like the SmartMed iBreeze BiPap may be superior to the functionality of the Moyah BiPap based on what Resvent models each company has chosen to badge as their own, but it also looks to me that SmartMed really needs to up their game in terms of the details about the machines on-line if that is the case - I didn't see any mention of the SmartMed iBreeze being 30STA capable, which would be a big selling point according to your post. Nothing in the description of the APAP models, though, on SmartMed's partner's site indicates any functional differences or advantages of the iBreeze APAPs over the Moyah APAPs as far as I can see. And I now see that Moyah lists a two year warranty (I thought I'd seen a 1 year warranty listed).
Post Reply Post Reply
Moyeah and Resvent have the same online cloud base system. I have login to Resvent and the same details could log me in on Moyeah. Same patients there....
Post Reply Post Reply
Slightly off-topic: for over a month now I've been checking out for possible purchase used ResMed Airsense 10 Auto devices advertised on my local eBay and Gumtree. 

Based on the serial numbers supplied all have been manufactured in Singapore. No seller could supply a purchase date, or receipt, or hours of use (bit of a worry). 

Haven't found one yet made here in Australia. 

Co-incidentally on the news this morning "ResMed Inc. share price just hit another record high".
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Optimal Settings on iBreeze BiPAP to reduce FL ewriter 4 57 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Prisma Smart Max Revvysue 4 118 04-15-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Revvysue
  [CPAP] New User w/ ResVent iBreeze 20A rstark13 5 216 03-26-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 530 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  csa machines cexer 1 133 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,206 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,727 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.