Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Here - Could use some help
RE: New Here - Could use some help
(03-12-2021, 01:36 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Hey, how about designing and 3D printing your own form fit mask?

Wish I could, my CAD skills are not there yet and I don't have the correct materials for that project Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a newbie to CPAP/APAP (two months) but I've been using the Dreamwear Full Face Mask and am pretty happy with it after giving up on nasal/cushion masks (also Dreamwear) due to mouth breathing.  My first try was the Nuance Pro but I couldn't stop being annoyed by the nose tube, so I really want to stick with Dreamwear.

Anyway, a few thoughts on noise from the top vent, since I almost never hear sound coming from mine:

I make sure the vent is swiveled away from my (very firm) pillow when I start off and even when I turn over during the night I automatically reach up and check that it's pointing up or sideways.  I also bought from Amazon, based on someone's suggestion, s SleepWeaver Featherweight Tube so there is less weight dragging on my mask from the big heated hose coming from the machine - love having the lighter tube coming from the top of the mask and also bought a swivel connector to attach it to the larger tube - all works very well.  Finally, unless you need absolute quiet to sleep, you might try a sound machine.  I have a tiny, amazing Lectrofan (again, Amazon) which has mostly ten or more unobtrusive fan sounds.  There is at least one youtube video where you can hear what it sounds like.  I like quiet, but never sleep without this little gem!
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops, too late to edit my post, but the sound machine I mentioned above is specifically the Lectrofan Micro 2.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.