Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So Did I screw up and get the wrong machine?
RE: So Did I screw up and get the wrong machine?
Hi jasonarmstrong,
Hopefully, you got a fully data-capable machine.
Fingers crossed, for sure.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2017, 02:15 PM)jasonarmstrong Wrote:
(06-07-2017, 01:55 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The newer AS 10's aren't being shipped with a SD card installed.  Any SD card 2gb or larger is all that is needed.   You'll be hard pressed to find one as small as 2Gb now anyway.   A lot of us use the Toshiba WiFi card so we don't have to keep transporting it to and from the computer.  For me, I'm just plain lazy.  

If you are still in doubt about which model you have, here is a visual identification image:
[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]
[It should say "AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite or CPAP"]

Autoset, Autoset For Her, or Elite = Good!
CPAP = Brick!

- Red

thanks ....*crossing fingers*...

hooooraay- it is the"autoset" model I have at home....thank goodness.... Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2017, 02:46 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(06-07-2017, 02:14 PM)jasonarmstrong Wrote: I will pick up a windows laptop next paycheck..not looking to get some superpower gaming  one so I should be able to get one for under $500 (windows op system)

I'll send you a PM with a place to look for some nice refurbs that are reasonably priced.

- Red

thank you I appreciate it !
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2017, 01:55 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The newer AS 10's aren't being shipped with a SD card installed.  Any SD card 2gb or larger is all that is needed.   You'll be hard pressed to find one as small as 2Gb now anyway.   A lot of us use the Toshiba WiFi card so we don't have to keep transporting it to and from the computer.  For me, I'm just plain lazy.  

If you are still in doubt about which model you have, here is a visual identification image:
[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]
[It should say "AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite or CPAP"]

Autoset, Autoset For Her, or Elite = Good!
CPAP = Brick!

- Red
Hi Red

I am using the Dreamstation Auto CPAP now. Can I check if need to copy the "P-Series" folder to this wifi card to replace it? Getting tired of unplugging the SD card to my mac and then plugging it back again to the CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have me confused.  You were talking about a Resmed and now your are talking about a Philips-Respironics.   I am ignorant as to the the file structure of a P-R machine.  With that said; If you wish to maintain previous data from another card then yes, copy the complete contents from the old card to the newer WiFi card.  I am guessing that you have been downloading the SD data to a directory on the PC for archival.  If so, there really isn't a reason to copy archived data back to the WiFi card.  If you need to present the data to a doctor, use a regular SD card and copy the data from your PC to it prior to the doctor's visit.  Don't use a WiFi card to transport data the doctor's office.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Think you are mistaken, I didn't say I have a Resmed before. Nonetheless thanks for the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, st8800. I seem to be unable to associate a user's name with a post today. I was reading jasonarmstrong's post and thinking you. I'll blame it on a bad pot of coffee. . . Just ignore me.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No worries... we all have our off days.  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 543 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,460 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 321 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 470 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,143 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 574 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is there something obviously wrong with my CPAP use? [pull off mask while asleep] Cpapaya 4 671 08-16-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.