Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So I washed the Airtouch F20 Mask with Memory Foam
RE: So I washed the Airtouch F20 Mask with Memory Foam
Maybe ResMed changed the formula on the memory foam to make it more durable.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an idea from the various forums that I frequent that people have Airtouch F20 masks on way too tight and that might be the reason the foam fails early. With just a wipe each day with a CPAP wipe and my first pillow lasted 5 months. My second and current one is as good as new at the 5 week mark.
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be that. It could also be how oily people's faces are. It could be how they handle the mask when removing it. Maybe how humid the environment is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, not washing the masks with foam works best (I just use cheaper baby wipes in lieu of CPAP wipes) - and wash all other items in warm water and baby shampoo - good advice from my initial equipment technician.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all of you.  To be as conservative as possible, I will make sure it's not on too tight and limit using CPAP wipes on the mask.  I welcome additional changes others have made to improve the duration of the cushion.
Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
I washed my airtouch cushion also with mild dish soap, rinsed and let dry - good luck so far....   Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Honestly, I just use the wipes and I get a good 5-6 weeks minimum out of one before I notice it starting to fit less well (and I use them for 14-16 hours a day, because I sleep so much, so you could probably get double that if you only used it half the time like a normal person). I do sometimes find that it gets a bit oily down on the chin that the surface wipe doesn't always remove, and usually, I can just use a tissue to gently compress the foam and absorb any oils that remain... but I've not tried washing it myself. Lucky for me, the Resmed shop offers the inserts in bulk for a significant discount (and periodically has big sales of 30% off) and includes a bunch of wipes free with the masks. So I bulk buy when the sale is on!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, mine arrived today, so I'll have these same issues myself, I guess. I honestly have no idea how tight to fasten these masks -- I never really figured it out with the silicone gasket, so I suppose I'll be none the wiser with the foam. I've found that I have to have the mask [i]much[i] tighter than I feel I need when I go to sleep, else at about 2AM when the pressure ramps up, it will start gushing air.

Still, perhaps the foam gasket will be less fussy.

BW, DS
Post Reply Post Reply
How to fit your mask: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Mask_Primer see section 11.

Basically, use the mask fit option or set the pressure to the maximum for fitting, make sure you are lying down when you fit it, try to relax your face/jaw as much as you can and adjust very very gradually. Sneak up on the right fit. Don't overtighten. It shouldn't hurt.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone.
Ratchick timely reminder. I'm having mask leak problems.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 673 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,893 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 323 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 232 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 467 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 411 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 508 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.