Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Someone please help me define "usage hours"?
RE: Someone please help me define "usage hours"?
(06-07-2019, 09:30 AM)ryandelman Wrote: Thanks for all the responses everyone.

I just want to get to the bottom of why there are times when I still feel sleepy after a long night of CPAP'd sleep.

Hopefully getting the SD and downloading OSCAR will offer insight.

I'll report back.

Yes, sharing your OSCAR charts here should give you some insight. I think that DME's don't see any value to the SD cards because they have access to the online version of the data. What they didn't tell you is that the internal chip does not record or transmit your data at the same resolution as the SD card option. That doesn't matter to lazy DME's or doctors who just look at the summary numbers instead of reading the high resolution flow rate graph, the graph that gives you the most insight into your breathing patterns (and helps you infer sleeping patterns as well).
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are on Medicare, the usage number is time with mask on for tracking compliance for insurance payment.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I was able to use the SD card to get OSCAR-worthy data.

I looked at it and it all looks Greek to me, so I am hoping for some assistance reading the stuff.

Problem is, I have tried to attach it here but it won't let me attach the file (it's CSV).

Can someone make a suggestion or two please?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Please review the links I have listed below.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ryandelman Wrote:Problem is, I have tried to attach it here but it won't let me attach the file (it's CSV).

Can someone make a suggestion or two please?

Ryan, the CSV file isn't much use to us. We need to see the daily chart which gives a graphical view of your breathing and all the events. Please follow the instructions on the following pages:
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok folks, see attached. 

I have attached two separate xls files.

Please advise away.

Attached Files
.xlsx   OSCAR_ryandelman_Details_2019-06-08.xlsx (Size: 180.6 KB / Downloads: 8)
.xlsx   OSCAR_ryandelman_Summary_2019-06-08.xlsx (Size: 9.75 KB / Downloads: 3)
Post Reply Post Reply
we need to see a similar screen print to what is in this wiki article
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully this is helpful.

See attached.  Doing my best here!  lol

Attached Files
.docx   Doc1.docx (Size: 345.37 KB / Downloads: 7)
Post Reply Post Reply
Much better,  What we want is to directly attach the files but We can work with these.
Your AHI is great but you have RERAs and Flow Limits.  Your Obstructive Apnea is well handled.

Thus
Set EPR to 3 to help with the RERAs and Flow Limits, Increase MIn to 7 to balance the EPR of 3, then set min to 8 to take another dent out of the RERAs and bring down the Flow Limits some more so

EPR =3
Press Min = 8
Then see what we have.  Also give us your perceptions of the changes and any other symptoms you may have with another try at the Screen Prints.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Fred.

So then EPR to 3 and Pressure to 7 for what, maybe a few days to a week.

Then progressively move the pressure to 8 from there and reassess?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 280 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 247 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 886 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 462 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 621 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 277 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 490 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.