Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sp02 Assistant + CMS50F 2020 Questions
Question 
Sp02 Assistant + CMS50F 2020 Questions
So I bought a new CMS50F and it comes with November 2020 date on the box, meaning I guess it is very new. Hardware version 2.0.0 and software version 2.0.6 with a USB C port. Here are my questions.

1. I have never seen a Contec oximeter device with CONTEC written on the front, see photo. Is this a legit Contec device ? There are no photos online I can see with this, normally it says Pulse Oximeter on the front. I am sure it is legit, as it seems quality, was boxed, and just seems legit, but was purely curious why mine says CONTEC on the front ? 

2. I had downloaded version 3.1.0.1 of Sp02 Assistant and installed that, but then I noticed I had an index number on the box and downloaded the official one. I now have 2 versions of the software on my PC. One called "Smart Device Assistant 3.1.0.1" and another called "Sp02 Assistant 3.1.0.1". They were installed to 2 different locations. Both installed some kind of bridge or other driver that I had to allow to get installed (Windows 10). Both installers were nearly the same size, give or take a few bytes. So there was a slight difference in file size, but very little. So my question is do they differ in any way ? They look the same other than the name. One was installed from the Contec site and the other from the index web address on the box (dlsoftw)

Thanks for any help. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sp02 Assistant + CMS50F 2020 Questions
It seems that you have the latest and greatest.   I think the Smart Device Assistant 3.1.0.1 supersedes the Sp02 Assistant software.  Several other members have reported getting the software version as well.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't say much about it being legit with the Contec name on the front. I would imagine it would be.

The newer versions like you have use that Smart Device Assistant. I believe the UART driver is different with the newer version so that may be why the software packages are slighlty different. I am not sure if they are still using the CP210x chipset either. Both software versions work with the older cMS50F (v6.1). Has anyone had issues doing a direct import into OSCAR with the new units?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine that I'd got either in November or December off Amazon says in script
Pulse Oximeter

Mine must be the Maxwell Smart edition.
Hard. ver. 2.0.0
Soft. ver. 2.0.5
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2021, 03:23 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It seems that you have the latest and greatest.   I think the Smart Device Assistant 3.1.0.1 supersedes the Sp02 Assistant software.  Several other members have reported getting the software version as well.

Days ago I installed SDA 3.1.0.1 from Contec Support after discovering SpO2 Assistant software, Vsn 2.4, had been writing the CSV file entirely in what looks like Chinese ideographs. 

If interested, there's more on this particular Contec/SpO2 topic, which I drafted here but decided would fit better, overall, in another member's thread on synchronizations.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
All versions publicly available from this reputable looking site..

pulox.de/Software-Download

I installed 3.1.0.1 and it works fine.

Edit: I tried installing from the link in the box using the index code. website said it was not secure, downloaded file was blocked by windows. I didn't trust it but the one from pulox had a proper installer and no warnings from windows so probably fine. No issues so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
GRAK08,

This thread is over 2 years old. The most current link for the software is available in the Oximeter wiki: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ile_import

Was there any issue with trying to d/l from that link?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 812 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,414 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,087 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog
Gross SpO2 Assistant Unable To Start Correctly Merlin309 0 461 09-03-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Merlin309
  SPO2 WRIST MONITOR CMS50F DanMcD 1 626 04-11-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Get Spo2 Assistant to connect to a CMS50F Pulse Oximeter running on a Silicon Mac darral.freund 1 1,124 03-26-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  using OSCAR for Contec CMS50F oximetry ...without any CPAP data? sleepymon 2 633 02-20-2023, 04:08 AM
Last Post: sleepymon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.