Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SpO2 Drop below X not working?
SpO2 Drop below X not working?
Hi,

I'd love to set a consistent threshold for SpO2 flags that doesn't rely on a daily baseline, which ends up changing day to day.

I saw the settings have an option to flag SpO2 drops below X (default: 88%), problem is, whenever I change this value and save and come back, I see it is reset to 88% and it never applies any value I put above 88%. How can I fix this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SpO2 Drop below X not working?
Those parameters were put in during the development of SleepyHead. However, their settings have never been implemented in the code.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there anyone that would be willing to add this for a $10 donation? Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
The OSCAR team is all volunteers. If somebody picks it up, it will get doe.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2023, 11:37 PM)pholynyk Wrote: The OSCAR team is all volunteers. If somebody picks it up, it will get doe.
This can be solved. the exact complexity of the solution is unknown at this time.
Need that ability to reproduce the same issue.
I don't have spo2 devices nor knowledge on how to import them into OSCAR.
I'd like to have an sd-card and other information to reproduce the same configuration that you have.
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply
The code area where this is calculated (or would be) is common to all oximetry devices. The device specific loader code handles the formatting to a common data structure to be analyzed. I can furnish Wellue/Viatom raw data files for you to play with. Just let me know via a PM.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have plenty of Contec *.SpO2 files that I can supply also.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2023, 11:23 PM)YouTakeMyBreathAway Wrote: Is there anyone that would be willing to add this for a $10 donation? Smile

To clarify, all advice, services, information, software distribution etc. is absolutely free on Apnea Board and will always remain free.  Anyone may make a donation of course, but such donations are done simply by generous members who help keep the doors open at Apnea Board, not in exchange for advice or any services, including OSCAR, which is always free to the user.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed! (with OP) - I'd love that feature (SpO2 threshold) too.
In my case because I am learning about my oximeter data trends, as part of trying to identify possibly subtle causes of my own recurring headaches.
(Doctors having failed to identify a cause, despite blood tests etc.).
Post Reply Post Reply
Also would like the same for Pulse (from Oximetry). My pulse (or its determination via the oximeter) is typically so variable that the (default/unchangeable) "5%" change threshold generated an excessive number of recorded (pulse) events, rendering their informational value useless and the Events chart display swamped with its associated markers. Not complaining, just stating my use-case.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 77 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,717 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,190 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,119 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,082 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog
  Can anyone tell me from this screenshot what Oscar is using as my baseline SpO2 level mikep118 13 1,876 11-13-2023, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
Sad Upgrade check not working [fixed in OSCAR 1.5.1] clan 1 596 09-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.