Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SpO2 Time Correction for Just a Few Days
SpO2 Time Correction for Just a Few Days
I'm using an Aircurve 10 with a Wellue SpO2 monitor. Normally, I have the clocks synchronized well so that their respective OSCAR imports merge smoothly. The SpO2 monitor updates its time from my phone when I synchronize it daily.

However, from 1 to 11 March, the SpO2 data shows as starting and ending 1 hour later than the Aircurve 10 data. The issue doesn't appear before then since the day the clocks changed in the fall. And it resolves after 12 March when I reset the Aircurve 10 clock to match my phone clock for the spring time change (US Central). But during this window (1–11 March), my phone kept showing the correct time.

Would anyone have any insight about

1. Whether and, if so, how the times can be adjusted in OSCAR (e.g., for the SpO2 data as I think I've seen that the PAP device times can't really be altered in OSCAR on a night-by-night basis)?
  2. Why the times for the two devices diverge for these 11 days? And if so,
  3. Whether there's a way of preventing this kind of thing from happening again in the future?
Thank you so much for your thoughts!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SpO2 Time Correction for Just a Few Days
The AS10 has a user input for date and time in the clinician menu.  The clock chip in the Resmed looses time and needs to be monitored about once per month.  

To go back and synchronize the CPAP and the oximeter's times:
Note: The requires OSCAR v1.4.0 (or newer) to accomplish the following.
  1. Go back to each of those days and delete the oximeter data (Data > Advanced > Purge Oximetry Data > Current Days).
  2. Note the complete starting time of your CPAP.  You will need the year(4), month(2), day(2), hour(2), minute(2), and seconds(2).  The number in parentheses is the required number of digits for this field.
  3. Either rename the oximeter's data file or make a copy and rename it using the information obtained above. Example: If the staring time was on Friday, March 24, 2023, at 11:34:20 PM, the file name would be "20230324213420".  Remember, the time is a 24-hour format.
  4. You can then reimport the oximetry data file with the modified filename back into OSCAR, or wait and do all the importing of the modified days at once when finished editing all the selected days.
  5. Repeat the steps above until all the days are completed.

Due to the Resmed's clock drift, I usually import my CPAP data and observe the starting time.  I then compare this time to the oximeter's file name.  If there is a difference, I modify the filename prior to importing it into OSCAR.

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SpO2 Time Correction for Just a Few Days
That worked perfectly. Thanks so much!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Löwenstein-Prisma sd card increase days k.mooijman 0 20 11 hours ago
Last Post: k.mooijman
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 22 3,090 04-14-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Display average AHI over time period ? Bernard Flapdoodle 1 73 04-09-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 3 233 03-30-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: douglaskeene
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 125 03-28-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,340 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 253 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.