Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Spetzal's ResMed therapy
Spetzal's ResMed therapy
CPAP 13, EPR 3

About 3 nights in on switching from Respironics Dreamstation to ResMed AirSense 10...and I love it!  I can see why so many here favor ResMed.
My positive observations compared to the Dreamstation:
1) it gives me higher humidity, allowing me to use my prescribed pressure (sensitive sinuses)
2)  the EPR seems to flow/adapt well to my breathing, whereas  Dreamstation CFlex anticipated me...was rigid
3)  humidifier warm-up feature before using my mask is very welcome! (sensitive sinuses)
4) my overall stats have improved
5) for the first time in months, Im sleeping more than 4 1/2 hours (6 1/2 to 9 1/2)

My physical health has seen a lot of consistent improvement this year, and I anticipate that to be ongoing.  This, unfortunately, seems to have put me in this fluctuating state with my existing health issues, including apnea.  A soft servical collar for my positional apnea certainly helped, but it caused more pain/dissatisfaction than dealing with the increased positional apnea.  I notice the ResMed allows me to baby step the increments in 0.2cmH20, so raising the limit a bit MIGHT be tolerable if a pressure increase is warranty.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Spetzal's ResMed therapy
last night's example

1st screenshot:  overview
2nd: CA events
3rd: no events

observations on 2nd:  Im struggling to understand why/how these CA events could possibly actually be OA...or if theyre actually CA.  Considering my AHI, its not terribly concerning, but Im very curious to understand this possibility.  My OSCAR intepretation skills are quite low.

observations on 3rd:  My flow rate has remarkably improved.  Granted, not textbook perfect, but no more jagged plateaus and peaks on inspiration.  Expiration still seems a bit sharp, but again...not the dramatic "fall off a cliff" that was previously occurring.

Id really appreciate any helpful observations.  Looking to improve my understanding/interpretation skills.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,067 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 160 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,355 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 958 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 810 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.