Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Spo2 data format
Question 
Spo2 data format
This subject may already exist but I don't see it.

I would like to vave the format of a spo2 file.

I am making my own data logger of bmp and o2.

I would like to know of the simplest file format  to be able to link my future data with oscar.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Spo2 data forrmat
I thought i had read *somewhere* that the .spo2 format was just an EDF file with a different extension, but I can't find that now.

I'm very curious to know if that's true, because I am also looking into trying to write a small utility to convert from the CSV data that my pulse oximeter exports into something that Oscar can import.

If anyone has a few anonymized .spo2 data files they'd be willing to share, it would be pretty helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Spo2 data forrmat
To the best of my knowledge, the .spo2 file format is not the same as an .edff file. Certainly yhe code in OSCAR that reads the spo2 file is not the same as the edf parser code. The ResMed spO2 information is in an edf file which is read as the cpap data is read.

To return to the OP's question, the simplest data format is that used by the Choice Medical MW300 oximeter. It has a very simple header followed by the SpO2 and pulse data interleaved, one pair per second. Unfortunately, it is not documented anywhere in a text file, but it is fairly easily gleaned from the c++ file.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Spo2 data format
The "Choice Medical MW300 oximeter" is indeed simple, thanks for that tip!

Looking at the Oscar code for that loader, I was able to code a small utility to convert the CSV data from my Emay pulse oximeter into something that Oscar can import. 

It took just a few hours, so I'm sure the OP could do something similar with a small investment in time. 

[Edit] sorry for breaking the rules. I don't know how to delete the attachment Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2023, 10:02 PM)Muggzy Wrote: The "Choice Medical MW300 oximeter" is indeed simple, thanks for that tip!

Looking at the Oscar code for that loader, I was able to code a small utility to convert the CSV data from my Emay pulse oximeter into something that Oscar can import. 

It took just a few hours, so I'm sure the OP could do something similar with a small investment in time. 

[Edit] sorry for breaking the rules. I don't know how to delete the attachment Sad

Muggzy,

I sent you a PM regarding this.  Any chance you could help me out with the MW300 file structure?  Possibly a sample file you created with your utility?  I'm trying to do the same thing for the Galaxy Watch.

Thanks in advance,

Gralli
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi 
Muggzie, you wrote recently: "The "Choice Medical MW300 oximeter" is indeed simple, thanks for that tip! 
Looking at the Oscar code for that loader, I was able to code a small utility to convert the CSV data from my Emay pulse oximeter into something that Oscar can import. "

Would you be able to share that utility or the steps used to convert the EMAY pulse oximeter.CSV files into something OSCAR can import? (such as the Choice Medical MW300 files?)  
I don't mind doing it in Excel if necessary, if that is easy (I'm not a coder), but a utility sounds very good.

It would be great if the OSCAR group could support the EMAY CSV format, as their devices are quite useful and durable.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
The conversion utility I was referring to at the time was a GUI application that I unfortunately discovered an embarrassing bug in and haven't had the time and energy to resolve it now that I'm working on something far more ambitious, but I also have a command-line application that works for the purpose which is open source on GitHub it works for Viatom and Emay CSV formats.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to it here. Is that allowable?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can list the link, so long as it does not go to a DME's website.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent, thank you for letting me know.

The code repository can be found at https://github.com/StagPoint/Pulse-Oxime...-Converter

There is a (not very good) video showing one way to use it here: https://youtu.be/N5fGQUmQgio
Post Reply Post Reply
@Muggzy: could you convert this sample and repost it ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 22 3,183 04-14-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 283 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 288 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: capman
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 218 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: capman
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 345 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,703 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,170 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.