Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Starting Again
Starting Again
I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea in 2015 and placed on Bipap. I used my machine off and on for the next several years, but never really found the relief I had been searching for. Because we moved and my machine got packed away I haven't used it for probably going on 2 years, but due to an upcoming neck surgery and the fact that I am required to have my machine with me for my hospital stay I decided to give it a go again and start using my machine again. I am attaching my Oscar data from my first night (for some reason the second night didn't show any graphs, but I'm attaching it also incase I did something wrong and someone can point it out). My AHI is way higher than I had it before I stopped using it before. I know this is limited data right now, but any suggestions on changes would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Starting Again
From the small amount of history I've just looked at, you need to treat these Central Apnea with ASV. Specifically, a ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV is the best answer to treat CA. Your current machine is just not going to cut it for you. The VAuto isn't capable of treating what you have.The VAuto is a great machine choice, unless you present yourself with persistent Centrals, like this.

These Central Apnea will be consistently inconsistent, up then down despite therapy settings being the same. ASV is the solution.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Switch the Trigger setting to High. This has been shown to help lower CA's.

Also, raise the Epap to 5. This may help with the Obstructives.

Did you have your SD card in the machine while you slept on the 9th?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2024, 06:03 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Switch the Trigger setting to High.  This has been shown to help lower CA's.

Also, raise the Epap to 5.  This may help with the Obstructives.

I will give those suggestions a try tonight. I did have it in there. I took it out yesterday to download the previous night's data and then put it back in before going to bed last night. Not sure why it didn't give me the graphs. I'll put it back in tonight and see what happens tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look to the bottom right of the chart. It says 0 graphs. Click on that and see if the graphs are listed for selection.

If not, go back to Preferences, and make sure that the graphs are checked.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2024, 06:38 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Look to the bottom right of the chart. It says 0 graphs.  Click on that and see if the graphs are listed for selection.

If not, go back to Preferences, and make sure that the graphs are checked.

No graphs listed under there. I made no changes to the settings from one night to the next in preferences. but went ahead and reset to default.
Post Reply Post Reply
If they don't show up tomorrow, make a thread in the software support forum and someone will be able to help.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2024, 06:03 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Switch the Trigger setting to High.  This has been shown to help lower CA's.

Also, raise the Epap to 5.  This may help with the Obstructives.

So I made those changes last night and my AHI was 8.12, but I feel like it was better than the previous two nights. Here's my graphs for the last 3 nights. Any other suggestions on how to get the AHI lower? I seemed to have more leaks than previous nights though. Could that be from the slight EPAP increase? Oh and the graphs were back today so not sure what the issue was with the previous night. Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if this applies to your circumstance, but you may have needed to try a data purge for the day that blanked on you and do a new upload to OSCAR for same day.

Leaks looks like there's room to improve. It's not terrible but at the consistent leaks about 10, may be robbing some comfort and adding in a disturbance.

What is your VAuto trigger setting at? If it's on medium, go to high, in order to attempt to address the CA purple flags.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2024, 02:20 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I don't know if this applies to your circumstance, but you may have needed to try a data purge for the day that blanked on you and do a new upload to OSCAR for same day.

Leaks looks like there's room to improve. It's not terrible but at the consistent leaks about 10, may be robbing some comfort and adding in a disturbance.

What is your VAuto trigger setting at? If it's on medium, go to high, in order to attempt to address the CA purple flags.

It was previously on medium, but was set to high for last night. Do you think I should set to very high or keep it at high for a couple of nights and see what happens? I also thought about bumping the EPAP up from a 5 to 6. Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help….starting to feel tired again Internetstranger 5 48 49 minutes ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Starting Down the Yellow Brick Road Bigstates 16 693 07-19-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Bigstates
  How Long To Feel Better When Starting CPAP Therapy chuck29 15 530 07-11-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: chuck29
  Starting out - can you have a look at my OSCAR data? vanillagorilla 4 218 07-07-2024, 06:20 AM
Last Post: vanillagorilla
  Help with starting ASV treatment Croatoan 2 188 06-27-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Croatoan
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 73 3,713 06-21-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 3 464 04-29-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: SleepyDawg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.