Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Starting OSA Therapy Tomorrow Night
Starting OSA Therapy Tomorrow Night
HI All - I had my at home sleep study February 24 into the 25th. I was officially diagnosed with Moderate to Severe Sleep Disordered Breathing on Friday. I will be getting the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset tomorrow. The setting being prescribed are Low Pressure Limit 5cm and High Pressure 20cm. See attached file for more info. Any suggestions or advice for my first night. Thanks in advance for all the help in the future. I really want the therapy to work and will do all it takes to make it work. 

Thanks,
Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Starting OSA Therapy Tomorrow Night
Welcome to the show. That pressure set is near default, so I'm sure we can help it be more optimized. So glad the doc didn't strain any braincells or anything.

OK homework. Get OSCAR the free report tool. Make sure your PAP has an SD card to capture data. It needs to be 2-32GB, SD or SDHC, any brand is fine, from Walmart, Staples, Best Buy, digital camera store if your PAP didn't come with one. SD slot is top left under silicone door. Contact the doc's office and request your script and the detailed sleep study. You'll want these for your health file and posting redacted report here. And yes you can get these so no it's not an acceptable answer says HIPAA.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW no files showing in post 1 brianc0428.

That must be why I mentioned SD card and OSCAR.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2021, 09:34 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: BTW no files showing in post 1 brianc0428.

That must be why I mentioned SD card and OSCAR.

Good news. I have downloaded and installed OSCAR. I have all the sleep study info and prescription in PDF form. My word doc with the sleep study info is not being accepted. I must be doing something wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might be able to scan the report into your PC via the printer which will turn them into images. Just remember to edit via an image editor like Paint to redact.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my results from last night. I only slept for around 2 hours and woke up very tired but i am figuring this is to be expected being my first night using CPAP. I am having issue posting the results from my sleep study because it is PDF format from the doctor. Thanks again for the help and support.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I really think your pressure range is too wide. I think with the short time of sleep, that it's a bit premature to optimize, but I'm going to suggest something anyway.

Minimum pressure: 6.0
Maximum pressure 10.0
EPR 2
Ramp Off.

Hope you sleep better tonight.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestions. I have made the changes and will post the results tomorrow. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
A low of 5 will probably cause you to feel air starved. Most adults need around 8 or you just don’t get enough air. If you start and feel Ike you don’t have enough air , turn up the low pressure. 

Anyway post tomorrow and see if you can get some help here.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
At least it's a start Brian. Baby steps and little wins is fine. Let us know how the next try goes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,061 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 157 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,343 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 808 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.